Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cajun Line

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cajun Line

Anyone tried the red Cajun line. I put some on one of my poles just to try it. 10lb was the smallest BPS had. So far it seems ok.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

slab_seeker Guest

I tried it this spring and really liked it. You would think that red line would be too visible to the fish since a lot of lures have red on them, but I have fished it side by side with BPS green line and could not tell a differance in the bite. I'm trying it night fishing now to see if there is a differance. It's properties are very similar to BPS Excell line. I used 8# line.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the line for the last three months and have not seen a down side to it. It is hard to see with the human eye and I suspect if you were a line watcher it would be more difficult to see than other colors of line. Performance is top nothch though.

Post Thanks / Like

I havent tried the cajun line yet, but I have two kinds of line I would recommend to anyone. Stren high vis gold 4lb test line. I have brought in carp up to 60lbs on this line. I accidentally snag them while crappie fishing in the backwater pumpout of the Tennessee River. It is a very visible line, and many times I detect the lightest of strikes only by watching the slightest movement in my line, you will never feel alot of crappie bites, so this line is great. I also just started using Stren 6lb Extra Strength. You can pull your boat around with that stuff. It's easy to straighten your hook without breaking off all the time. I will never use Trilene magnaflex again. I tried bream fishing with it and the bream were breaking 4lb test like it was sewing thread.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I have tiyed it all

I guess I have bought enough line to circle the earth several times. Keep going back to Stren extra strength. Hard to beat. I use 6-8 lb clear stuff. I can not see that little stuff, especially at nite. My 2 cents worth.

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

the 2 lb is great for icefishing. i just wish I could see it in all light conditions to tie on the fly so to speak. I use 4lb crappie pro mostly.