Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Living with the fishies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Living with the fishies

I finally did it......I now have the ability to live with the fish....well at least over them.
    My wife had an overwhelming responce when I brought up the idea of getting a houseboat on Lake O The Pines....I spent the week-end there and found the crappie bit slow until I went about 15 feet deep on about 30 fow.
    It was one right after another until one of the kids on the dock hollerd (HE"S CATHING THEM DOWN HERE). There were 4 kids and 2 grandfathers showed up and started fishing right on top of me...not a slip over...not at the other end...but right on top of me.....I had to smile and even laugh at all of them.
    The boy politely ask me how to jig fish, I showed him, and boy did he ever take to it like a fish to water. His grandfather was a minnow fisherman and had never tried jig fishing.....YIP...gramps tried it and decided he had been wasting a lot of money on minnows.
    I had a ball and met some nice folks that just wanted to catch a few fish too.
    The count was 28 in just under an hour, only 4 were under 10 inches so they went back in to grow up.
    Now the information you really want....the bite was on from 2pm to sunset...the color was a pink jig head with a pink body and chart. tail with sparkles in it.
    that was the only jig that was consistant....I left when they tore it up so bad it fell off the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report...that kindness you showed,will come back to you.
    Romans 6:23

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Daniel121. In my opinion what you did is exactly what our sport is all about. Congratulations on the catch.
    The Lord is good. His mercy and love endures forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey D121,

Ya did a good thing.

I've been catching a lot of fish on one dock with a party barge parked in it. Last week the owner of the camp ask how, and with what I was using. Threw him and his neighbor a few jigs and showed em how I fish it.

It makes for friendly camp owners.:D

Jig Rig
    Ephesians 1:13

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You got it Jig Rig, it's better to make a friend of them than get them mad at you. That way you can always return, and why heck, next time they might invite you in to munch or something. A good way to make friends for life.
    "gene"'
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the catch.. I hate when people do that, but I also like being able to tell or show them how I am doing it and see them be able to do it also.. It gives you a good feeling inside.
    You can't fish with a hung line!