Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Splittail Jig Bodies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plastic Splittail Jig Bodies

I posted this on another forum(Thanks Chaunce for your offer I'll get back to you). I am looking for 1" plastic splittail bodies to purchase in bulk amounts(50-100).These are not Trout Magnets.I used to buy them from a guy in Kansas.The baitshops around here usually sell them for 10-20 cents each.Does anyone know where I can purchase some in bulk amounts.Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Post Thanks / Like

that looks exactly like a trout magnets. do you have something against the trout magnets jig body? i just looked at mine and it's the same as your picture. i'm sure they would sell them to you in bulk or i think they would.

old

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of us are looking for grub bodies in full round. Can't speak for the trout magnets never used them. Had a guy on Tackle Underground make me some cotton candy and chartreuse pepper from old flat sided molds that turned out really good

Just went and looked at the Trout magnet site and they have them in packs of 50 for $4.50, that doesn't seem bad at all. Lots of different colors. I see they have the Crappie Magnets too but didn't see a size on it???

Fatman
    Last edited by Fatman; 04-26-2010 at 07:12 PM.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Actually ...

that twintail grub looks more like a YUM Panfish twintail, than a Trout/Crappie Magnet. The "Magnet" has a flat head, whereas the YUM & the white one in Baxter's picture are rounded/pointed.

I found my pkg of the YUM Panfish twintail grubs at Wally World. Can't seem to find anyone online that sells them in pks/color ... just assortment bundles. :o

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,i've been buying these since the early 80's.IBait shops would always have them loose in a box or inbags of up to 10.I'm not sure when trout magnets came out.I've bought a few and I think they are a little smaller in diameter.I'm gonna check a local shop to see if I cane get some in a larger qty.They sell them bagged with 5 bodies and a silver plated jighead.Thanks for your help.
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    that twintail grub looks more like a YUM Panfish twintail, than a Trout/Crappie Magnet. The "Magnet" has a flat head, whereas the YUM & the white one in Baxter's picture are rounded/pointed.

I
    ... cp

wrong. i just took a crappie magnet out of the package and it's got a round body down to where the tail splits. the "head" is not flat as you say. bax, i just measured the magnet and it's 1 1/8 inch long. that's for the crappie magnet. don't have any idea about the trout magnet. if you order some from them think about ordering some of their jigs too. they let the magnet float level without moving the line on the eye. it's the way the jig is weighted. evidently you have found the websites. i ordered mine from some people here in ark. not far from where i stays.

old

Post Thanks / Like

I do like some of the colors of the crappie/trout magnets.Whenever I buy the ones I buy they only have solids and glitter colors.Do you know what size heads come with them?I mold some 1/64 oz shad darts with a size 8 or 10 mustad that work well with them.

Maybe you can help me with this.Where can I find solid purple 1-1/2" tubes or solid purple and solid black 1" tubes.I can only find 2 tone colors.
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this what you are looking for?

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter1 View Post
    I do like some of the colors of the crappie/trout magnets.Whenever I buy the ones I buy they only have solids and glitter colors.Do you know what size heads come with them?I mold some 1/64 oz shad darts with a size 8 or 10 mustad that work well with them.

Maybe you can help me with this.Where can I find solid purple 1-1/2" tubes or solid purple and solid black 1" tubes.I can only find 2 tone colors.
    Try some hand tied jigs. :p

Sounds like you need someone to pour you some plastics...hope you have better luck than I did. I must have emailed 6 companies I found on google and never got reply 1 back from any of them. :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Magnet : Trout Magnet Online Store, Trout and Crappie Lures for the Serious Angler

bax, i looked through the site and found solid black trout magnets but it doesn't say how long the trout magnets are. look though all categories and see what you can find.

old

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast