Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How can the price be so different?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How can the price be so different?

For a while I have been wanting to get a hard cover for my truck bed. I had chosen the Armor Lid and decided it was time to get one. The first place I went to gave me a price of $699.00 plus tax and $25.00 to install. I told him that was high because I had seen them online for around $525.00 with free shipping. He said they must buy in bulk because he pays more for them than that. I then went to a small local truck accessory store and asked what his price was. $510.00 installed!! That is a $200.00 difference. Some people are just too greedy!!!
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

that's the only problem with capitalism..it promotes greed ...

Post Thanks / Like

Are they from the same manufacturer, and the same product line?

Generally quality of materials and/or production process plays a huge roll in the cost of a product. Take fishing poles for example. Fishing poles differ greatly in price too. They all do the same thing, however the prices vary tremendously.

Most manufactures will offer a price discount for products sold in bulk quantities, the bigger the bulk and more frequent the order the greater the discount.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The two prices were for the exact same cover. It just goes to show that some people want to make the big dollar all at once and some want you to come back and be a repeat customer.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.