Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What are you fishing for?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are you fishing for?

I was at the county park in Scottsboro Alabama last week. I was trying to see if any of the bream had moved in ready to go on bed. A little boy and his mother walked up behind me. The boy could not have been over 2 years old. He had a shirt on that said I love dad. His question to me was "What are you fishing for?" I said, well nothing in particular, just whatever I can catch. He looked me in the eye and said, "Are you fishing for Crappie?" I said young man I am glad you asked that question because my favorite fishing is crappie fishing. You gotta love those kids and I was tickled to hear him mention crappie fishing at such a young age. That little boy made my day.

Post Thanks / Like

That is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I can just picture that kid becoming a well rounded adult. If they are already into fishing enough to know about crappie fishing they can not be half bad. What a great story.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

yeah he was such a cute kid, me and my girlfriend got a real kick out of him. I even caught myself asking her several times after that what she was fishing for. It kind of stuck in my head.