Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great Weekend on the Ponds!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Weekend on the Ponds!

Took a couple of good fishing trips this weekend. Went saturday morning by myself and didnt catch a ton of fish think I ended up with 8 crappie, 1 perch and a couple of big bluegills in 4 hours. But I caught the biggest crappie so far for me, 14 1/2 inches, unfortunatly no one with me to take a pic of me with it so heres one of it on the seat next to a ruler, I dont have a scale yet either so no weight but what a nice thick fish! also had a couple 13 1/2 and another right at 14, so some good quality fish for sure.

Then sunday morning on my own too, tear-em up had his inlaws but fished with his father in law, so we took two boats. We ended up finally fishing at our third stop since the bass fishermen were out in force everywhere else we went. Put in alot of miles to finally get where we were going? Tear-em up got out before me and already caught 6 fish before i was on the water and then i started catchin too. We trolled all over this large pond and really found em good up near the spillway in a corner. Tear-em up and his pop inlaw ended up with 42 and I had 29 crappie in about 4 or 5 hours, not bad. No real monsters but lots of fun. Best lure was probably a green twister, but caught them on clear and pink finesses, blue & white tubes trolled at about 4 foot depth, water temp was 62 so we figured the crappie were probably spawning since some were black as could be. Heres a pic of Tear-em up one the water in the scrappy crappie.

Also heres a pic of the rod holder on my rig that Tear-em up helped me rig up last weekend so I can troll in style now! Thanks for the help with that buddie!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking set up and a great looking slab. Congrats on the catch.