Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Keel Shield

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keel Shield

I know this has been asked before but my question is, are there anybody out there with tracker boats using this product. I was looking at maybe getting one for my pt 185 if it is doable and is it to much of a pain to put it on your self or just have a dealer do it. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezgo View Post
    I know this has been asked before but my question is, are there anybody out there with tracker boats using this product. I was looking at maybe getting one for my pt 185 if it is doable and is it to much of a pain to put it on your self or just have a dealer do it. Thanks
    Tried it on my tracker and it lasted a week and came off. Dont think they are for alum. boats
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Got a buddy of mine that put his on a Tracker and it is beginning to come loose. I'd agree, not very well suited for aluminum boats.

Post Thanks / Like

I had one on my alumin deep V and it tore about 3/4 down its length. I didn't know it, hit the gas and the boat tried to flip on its side. It took a heat gun and lots and lots of work to get it and the glue off. A big waste of money.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they recommend them on alum boats. One of the catalogs mentions that.

Post Thanks / Like

From the website

"Will the KeelShield keel protector work on aluminum boats ?

KeelShield will not work on some aluminum boats. Some Alumacraft , G3 Angler, Lowes and Lunds. KeelShield will not conform to boats with the knife like reinforced keelbone. Please contact us for more info on these brands of boats"

KeelShield Keel Protector Guard Questions
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking and here is something else to chew on, I was wondering about a sprayed on truck liner like line-X, I have it on my truck and the stuff is great.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Bumpers

Check out this link to Hamby's. They have a reputation for being the very best of what they do. Much more expensive than Keel Guard and you have to bring your boat to them for installation, but from what I've read, it suppose to be excellent. Here's the link:

Hamby's Beaching Bumpers
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I installed roll on truck bed liner after the keel sheild came off. I would say its about 1/8" thick and were my boat is pulled up on the ramp, when I unload, it has come off.