Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried these???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone tried these???

I'm fairly new to this board. This is by far the best that I've seem. You have some real good post. I just wish I could do the bamboo. Do to limitation I'm not able to do them. Has anyone tried this? They look like something I can handle. But before I fork out $$$ I like to know what some of you think. Thanks for your help...

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...&cmCat=3336194
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

Looks like they would just roll away....... I'd attach a big hunk of cement to them, but other than that the craps aren't too picky on type structure as long as it is structure.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you could do better with alittle scrounging and some creative ideas. If bamboo isn't possible you might want to try your hand at constructing some pvc condos of your own. A possible source for some could be plumbing supply houses that get in busted shipments, plumbing and electrical contractors for scraps, or utility companies thats installs pvc or plastic pipe. A inside contact in on of these lines of work could yield a goldmine of resources. But as tarheel mentioned add some serious weight to whatever you sink so it stays put. Good luck with whatever you go with and please share your results ,good or bad.

Last edited by Henman; 01-05-2006 at 11:56 PM.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

is your limitations fisakle or no bamboo.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...appie_tree.jpg
    there are more wayes . just look at other post on this subject .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=crip47]I'm fairly new to this board. This is by far the best that I've seem. You have some real good post. I just wish I could do the bamboo. Do to limitation I'm not able to do them. Has anyone tried this? They look like something I can handle. But before I fork out $$$ I like to know what some of you think. Thanks for your help...

I saw something a while back on the net,
    they took a hospital"plastic" was basin and filled it with concrete then shoved in pvc with screws run thru the ends to anchor it (use chairs or what ever to hold the pvc in various positions) then after it set up take the concrete out of the tubs and sink them.

Post Thanks / Like

I only have 1 working arm and a broken back. But it don't stop me from doing what I want. I've read every post have tried to apply what I can. I've tried every plumming supply without luck. I've also been working on the pcv tree.I got 2 ready for the lake but I don't think I can get them to stand up. Do you think 40# will be ok? not sure I can get 60# over the side safely.Someone told me that green thing has a loop on it to tie it down. I don't have the money to buy the whole thing but the price on just the spheres I can handle.Thanks again for your thoughts.
    CVA62.....64-68

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb C47 ....

I would think that 20lbs of concrete would hold them down ... unless there was a considerable amount of current where you drop them.
    The biggest problem I've heard about, with these devices, is the tendency of the spheres to crack open from using exceptionally long PVC arms. The spheres are probably too thin walled to hold the weight of the arms - if they are over 4ft in length.
    Send a PM to "Killer" (Ken Palmer) and ask him how he managed his. He posted a picture of a couple of the "No Hang" versions, with 4ft PVC arms. We started calling them "Killer Death Stars", after seeing the pics ... so if you hear someone refer to "Death Stars", that's what they are talking about. His picture showed the two of them, put together & free standing, next to Ken. With 4ft "arms", you have a 8ft diameter "ball" ... good size for water 15ft deep or more. .... luck2ya ...cp

And Welcome to the site !!

Post Thanks / Like

Crip 47
    E-mail Me A Name And Address And I'll Send You A Free
    Sample Of A Fish Attractor You Can Handle. Does'nt Take
    Much Weight At All. My Wife Puts Ours Out, I Love Her For
    It.
    Regards
    Chef

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Crappiepappy, you hit a home run. I found alot more to this site then I thought. Chef, Small world. I talked to you about a 2 weeks ago. I was the one that has trouble with DOWNRIGGERS destroying brush piles. Your tree would be my first choice if I could floot it and hold it down with weights.Thanks To you all
    CVA62.....64-68

Wardy Guest

I have placed both JandJ and the No-Hang style. Chef's JandJ are much easier and really don't need weight unless you are in heavy current. The spheres work but by the time you buy pvc...glue etc..etc... you don;t save much. I used 5 ft arms. man..., one sphere cracked and the others were a nightmare to handle in the boat. If you have a pontoon boat or barge they would be alright..JandJ took about a 1/4 of the time and went to the bottom like a rock. It took 3 months before the fish really took to them, but they are there for the pickin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast