Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leadhead and Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leadhead and Jigs

This has been covered I'm sure but I am headed for BP and looking to get stocked up with leadheads and jigs for our trip. I've seen some use blk/pink, blk/chart, wht/chart, blue/wht and pink/wht. Are these used with a plain lead head or painted? Any other combos you all would suggest? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I use orange jigheads most of the time. There are times when the fish want chartreuse. I like to give em what they want.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you match up with the orange heads?

Another question, Do most people jig, cast with spinning equipment or bobber? One of the guys coming up Thurs evening like to bobber fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default that is what is great about crappie fishing

you can use, jigs, minners, road runners,crankbaits, worms, just went to the hardware store here locally this am for some bolts, you man and his wife were getting some minners.... said he caught one yesterday off the end of TT on tebo that probably weighed 3#..... guess I better get some minners....:D Bob and I fish together some and I think we both use orange and chart headed jigs..... you use them with any color..... this ain't your old lady dressing you so don't be to worried about color combos.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use red jig heads most of the time but also use Chartruse and Orange. Lots of ways to catch them, The bobber bite was good last week and should be again by end of next week. I use a crappie slider which is weedless 12 to 16 inchs under a very small bobber.

Post Thanks / Like

I like orange jig heads a lot as well. I also use chartreuse and pink sometimes, I paint my own. Like jigging15 said red is a good color too, my dad doesn't even paint his he just uses them plain.

Post Thanks / Like

today at mtl, a plain jighead w/minner was the hands down king for drift fishing but an char/white jig with orange head domminated the banks. every day is a little different. I buy and use any color combo, body,weight, whatever. a good selection is key. tho only I insist on is light wire hooks on my jigs. so when I get snagged, aslow tug will straighten the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on water clarity for me . I use brighter color heads in stained or muddy water and plain jig heads for clearer water .

Post Thanks / Like

I've never used orange. I've had luck with chartruse at MT where I usually fish. I get in a habit of working the same ol same ol and not changing much.

Post Thanks / Like

I have red, white, blue, green, and orange. Use orange most of the time and just put whatever color tube jig on I want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast