Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rainy weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rainy weekend?

I may try to get out this weekend if we get a break fromt the weather. Do you guys think it will be worth it with all the Thunderstorms they are predicting. I was stuck working all last weekend so I'm in about the 2nd stage of withdraw. Anybody else going to tough it out??
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about going myself. Haven't had the chance to get out yet and i have to work the next two weekends in a row after this one. May try to go to catarac or racoon.

Post Thanks / Like

With the Crappie USA going on in my backyard tomorrow I need to make it out. I feel like I should do my part to clean out my honey hole before they do:p. I'm hoping to make it to the weigh in for sure. With the bad weather predicted it might not be much of a day????
    Btown
    "Giving lip service to as many fish as possible"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going...even if it just for a little while.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rainy weekend

Im shootin for Sunday at Raccoon, My brother and nephew are going with me, If we dont catch any it will still be fun!
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Post Thanks / Like

At this point in the ballgame, weather shouldn't be a factor! A man's gotta get his release!! I'll be out, when and how long are yet to be determined. I expect first light and last light will be stellar, but outside of that it may be tough. It's that time of year though.....3 hours of catching nothing can change to the best hour you've had this year.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Ended up getting out today for a few hours after the morning rain and before the storms made it through this afternoon. It ended up being really nice on the lake, calm and overcast just like I like it. Boated a ton of smaller fish had a couple keepers, caught a TON of bass, and a few catfish. The bigger crappie that we caugh were full of eggs and ready to go. This was a smaller impoundment, but I'd say they are ready any day now. Didn't keep any today, but it was good to get out. Hope you guys had a chance to get on the water this weekend.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

My uncle and I went out yesterday to Elk Creek and didn't catch to many. The one's we caught were small and not worth fooling with. It's weird, the last two times I've been out have been tough trips with little to show. I'm hoping after the rains get out of here Monday, the lakes will start producing some fish. I always have decent luck when the water's on the rise.