Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grub with Legs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grub with Legs

I was watching U Tube about Catching Red Ear using a Grub with Legs. It was supposed to be a image of a Cricket Look like it would work as well with Crappie. Does any one know who makes Grubs legs I would appreciate
    Thanks
    Lester

Post Thanks / Like

Is it something like this???? http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...aker/003-4.jpg These are my version of a redear bug. I call them a Widdle Beetle...lol...Thanks to my neice..lol...Good Fishin'...GF

Post Thanks / Like

You can get some skirt material for spinnerbaits and use a darning needle and run it through the grub. Endless possiblities for colors

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    You can get some skirt material for spinnerbaits and use a darning needle and run it through the grub. Endless possiblities for colors

Fatman
    Exactly what I've been doing for years, and IMO the best bluegill/redear bait you can throw. I outfished everybody in my boat all spawn last year, my bug, against their crickets and waxies.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I use to do the grub thing alot and still do for certain trips but I finally got a mold cut to make the body style I wanted and designed. I wanted one that was a flatter but was still round...lol. I was after a certain rate of fall and I have that with this mold.

Post Thanks / Like

Grouse. I might get me a mold made like that. How many of those you reckon can be poured up from a gallon of plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie seeker View Post
    Grouse. I might get me a mold made like that. How many of those you reckon can be poured up from a gallon of plastic.
    A LITTERAL TON...LOL. I THINK MINE POURS 20 BODIES AT A TIME...AND A GALLON OF PLASTIC WOULD MAKE ENOUGH TO DO YEA A SPELL...LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok what colors do you recommend, Body, Hook, legs, Jig Head, eyes, weight

Post Thanks / Like

I like black and yellow body with yellow legs. A ton of different color combos will work, but I have had the best luck with this in all water conditions. I just use unpainted jigheads with them.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I like black body with chartreuse or red legs. I go to Wally World and buy a couple of those junker spinner baits they sell with the decent skirts. I cut the skirt off, throw the spinner bait in the trash, take a large sewing needle (2/0) and put my own legs on the bodies. They are a ton cheaper and you can vary your colors to see what they want at that particular lake on that day.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast