Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Go to Kansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Go to Kansas

Seems like lots of Neb. anglers go and fish in Kansas.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

We fish anywhere that there is decent fishing. Our Game and Parks people don't know their asters from a hole in the ground. If we had any decent waters to fish they manage to screw them up to where we don't have any decent fishing around the Omaha and Lincoln area. They want everyone to fish the Big Mac out on the west end of the State instead. That is where they spend most of the money. When they do build dams around here they don't think to put in silting ponds on the streams coming into the lakes and in a few years they are silted in and they have to dredge them out and there goes the habitat. A few years ago they killed off a dam site because of asian carp and some other fish that wasn't game fish. They drained it down and then restockled it and let it fill up for 3 years. It was suppose to open but wasn't being opened and a sports writer asked them why is wasn't being opened and they said they forgot to take care of the problem of the fish getting into the lake so they had to kill it off and drain it again and do it all over again. That is the genious that is our Games and Parks in Nebraska.
    That is why I bought a lot on a private lake and fish it primarily, because the State doesn't have anything to do with it. It is patrolled by the County Sheriffs dept. instead of a Game Wardon. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I fished with a friend from Wilbur on 4-25 at Glen Elder and he agrees
    with you as do most other Neb. anglers that I chat with. Well come on
    down most of us don't mind. Just don't use your Oklahoma fish-finders
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the invite. I usually go North to SD. I get not only crappie but Walleye, and Yellow perch. I am headed to St Paul, Mn. the end of June to fish the St Croix River. I have wanted to fish it, every since I saw it last year. Tried to fish it last year but couldn't find any boats to rent or lease at the time. This year I will take my own. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p