Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishfinder help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishfinder help

Hi,
    Have a Eagle Fish Elite 320 and do not feel that I'm getting the most out of it. Read the 1" thick manual and got more confused. So I leave it on auto and watch the depth and look for the fish symbols. Anyone have any ideas on how to tweak this unit for better readout? I don't the GPS feature. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fishfinder Help

Hello Gmpartsman, Have you been to the lowrance website yet? If not try www.lowrance.com and when the page comes up , Click on tips and tutornials. I hope it helps you, It's pretty neat and gives you a lot of imformation. Good Luck! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Finder

Quote Originally Posted by gmpartsman
    Hi,
    Have a Eagle Fish Elite 320 and do not feel that I'm getting the most out of it. Read the 1" thick manual and got more confused. So I leave it on auto and watch the depth and look for the fish symbols. Anyone have any ideas on how to tweak this unit for better readout? I don't the GPS feature. Thanks.
    Eagle is a poor mans Lawrance, I have a Ultra Classic on the console Fishmark 160 on the front. If the 480 at todays prices was on the table I would have gotten it. If my budget, retired, could afford a Lawrance I would get one. Like you I was on auto. I run across some articles by some pros and they say manual is best go to a place you know and tinker with it, compare it what you know bottom and structure. A two way transducer is good. O'yeah leave your fishing stuff at home. Did I no? Gray line and sensitivity are important. It takes a while but you will get there and wonder why it took so long.
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

gmpartsman
    I agree with ribit, the sensitivity and grayline are important. To much or to little sensitivity can make you see things you don't need to see and not see thing you need to see. You won't need as much in shallow water and need more in deeper water.

I leave the fish marker off. I find that a lot of things that show up as fish aren't really fish.. You need to learn what fish really look like on the chart. Once you play with it more I think you're going to be real happy with it.

I look for the structure, water temp. and groups of fish or bait fish with fish around then.

I've used 2 Garmin 240 for almost 2 years and have switched to 2 Eagle FishMark 320 and I think that I see more, better detail, with the Eagle. The 320 pixels helps. The major makers I think all make good units and it's just a matter of learning how to get the best performance out of them. There is a page on the Eagle web page that will let you play with the controls. I do like the faster speed that the Eagle has over the Garmin.
    Gerald

Quote Originally Posted by ribit
    Eagle is a poor mans Lawrance, I have a Ultra Classic on the console Fishmark 160 on the front. If the 480 at todays prices was on the table I would have gotten it. If my budget, retired, could afford a Lawrance I would get one. Like you I was on auto. I run across some articles by some pros and they say manual is best go to a place you know and tinker with it, compare it what you know bottom and structure. A two way transducer is good. O'yeah leave your fishing stuff at home. Did I no? Gray line and sensitivity are important. It takes a while but you will get there and wonder why it took so long.
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishfinder help

Thanks all. Going out this morning so will try new settings. Won't leave the fishing tackle at home, What use is a boat without fishing tackle on it? :D
    Thanks again for the help.