Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: raccoon lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default raccoon lake

Can any body tell me if the portland mills boats ramp is open, I have a small boat and dont want to go across the lake to get up by raccooon creek. thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Portland Mills last Monday, April 18th. At that time the lake was 8 ft low, the gate to the ramp was locked and there was about 75 yards of land from the creek channel (where the only water was) to the ramp. I just checked my lake elevation website and as of Thursday the lake was 5.1 ft low. I put in at the state park ramp, but did see some smaller boats putting in at the Hollandsburg ramp. If you want to go up the creek, I would strongly suggest a lake map GPS chip that shows the channel. I made it up there, but even with that ran aground once. There is still large areas of exposed earth and other areas of very, very shallow water up there.
    Like Momma always said, "There ain't nothin' worse than a messy tackle box!"

Post Thanks / Like

Portland Mills probably won't open till the lake level hits at least 660.
    Summer pool is 662 and is currently at 656.9. They have the flow down to nothing right now in hopes of filling the lake.
    Louisville District Daily Lake Report
    Here is the Louisville lake report website to keep an eye on it

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info