Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rattler AND Brucecarp

Post Thanks / Like

Question Rattler AND Brucecarp

Planning a vacation this spring. Posted this on the main board, anyway Grenada was brought up. I backed tracked through the ms. board and seen you guys were going last year. What did you think of it, do any good. I also read it gets pretty crowded in the spring, was that the case. Just looking for your views. Alot of people say it's the place to go for a hawg. Thanks for any info, izzy.

Post Thanks / Like

Izzy,I went to Grenada last spring in April. As my luck would have it, the rains rose the lake level about 5 ft. the day before I got there. I did not catch a crappie for the first two days there and everyone I talked to wasn't finding any fish either. Tough trip but thats the way it goes. The lake difinately has its potential for monster crappie though. While I was there, I kept hearing everyone talk about fishing the Red Grass area. Maybe that would be a good start if you go down there. I am not a good deep water fisherman but I think many people troll the main lake there and do well also. I stayed at Hugh White State Park in the cabins. They are great for a fishing trip but do not allow animals so I won't be back there. Good Luck!