Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Have learned a lot from this site...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Have learned a lot from this site...

Indeed I have. By all means, I love to fish! Been doing so since I was 5 or so (pardon the C.R.S. :p). Salt and Freshwater. Ever since I happened upon this site, I've learned a lot just by reading many posts by other Crappie fishermen.

It's a pleasure to read the passion shared by many. Although I've been basically limiting myself to what works, I've learned to try other methods presented on this board. I do not have a Crappie Boat like many, but I make do with my v-hull 14' Lowes and 12' Jon. My 14' is propelled by electric motor as the lake it's on does not allow gas motors. My 12' Jon is on a resevoir (no gas either).

I've always wanted to submerge my own 'habitat', but this year I will give it a try (inspired thru findings here). I've tried several kinds of lures (mostly tubes and blades) along with minnows and have faired well. But folks here take it to another dimension .. :p

At the moment, I've only been out once this year and did well using some new found tips. Weather in NY has been the pits as of late, therefore limiting my time (waiting for a nice day so I can play hooky from work..LOL)

Recently acquired Slabs Bait Butter and Sauce, so I'm really eager to get out there!

Thank you all!

Vern

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you like the site, many great folks and all are willing to help which is what makes it so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is a great site with good folks and a great owner of this free site. Thank you all and a Big Thank you to Slab!!

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff