Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spider Rigging rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigging rods?

Looking at buying 8 new rods for Spider Rigging? Need something 12ft to 14ft that can handle jigs along with some weight to keep them straight up and down up to say 1/2 to 1 MPH. Something that will not break the bank but hold up and still let you see the bite when the crappie are hitting soft?
    I know this is a lot to ask for a rod to handle. But there has to be some rods out there that can do most of the above or all of it. I see where some rods are rated for say 8 oz's of weight but how well do they allow you to see or feel that bite when there just sucking in the jig or minnow?
    Theres times I only use 1 or 2 jigs, Then theres times I use 4 hooks and a sinker Reel-Foot style in winter and hot part of the summer. But this time of year looking for a rod I can move along with and still keep the baits under the rod tips..
    It may well be I have to buy 4 or so now and wait a while to finish out the 8 rods. And later on bump it up to 12 that way I have extras when I break off a rig just grab one and keep on fishing.
    Also if you know of these rods and the best place to buy them it would sure help me out. I have been studying rods for weeks and still have not seen what I feel will fit the above bill.
    Thanks in advance.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the bnm West Points. They're fiberglass so they're not very light but they seem to be pretty durable and relatively inexpensive. I'm always running into brush so I need something that can stand the strain. Also I fish with my young sons quite a bit so I need something that can take a lick and not break the next time it's bent. I use the 11 ft rods but I saw 12 ft rods at Academy the other day for $24.99.

Post Thanks / Like

Hands down the BnM 14ft Prostaff Trolling Rod. You can get replacement tips in plain or chart. tips if you break one. Good backbone, with a sensitive tip and it will handle every weight situation you described above. Monks Crappie carries them.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought two 9' and two 10' BnM trolling rods from Acadamy. I never have used rods this long. I am looking forward to trying them out long lining jigs this weekend. I hope they stand up to bandits this Summer. Paid $97 with the tax for all four.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the 12 or 14 ft BNM Prostaffs there good rods for everthing.
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

14 ft b-n-m prostaff you will love them they will do everything you just mentioned.
    Take a kid fishing

Post Thanks / Like

My personal preference no doubt is the 12 ft. regular B'n'M poles. They are the best i have seen. I have tried the trolling rods, but for me the tips were not sensitive enough, so thats why i use the regular one.

I have tried the trolling and they are okay if you want a tougher rod, but i perfer the regular.

The graphite rods are alot better than the fiberglass rods, i personally think it is worth spending the extra money for graphite.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they would ban spider rigging. I don't for the life of me know why people enjoy it. It's just like factory work or picking corn. It's harvesting..not fishing.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Alot of peope don't understand why people enjoy fishing. Let hope they don't want to ban you.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

try monks crappie, I'm planning on buying a set from him, he sells several brands and lengths. best of all he is the best price I've seen. he is also a member on here.
    check him out.
    Monk's Crappie
    When in doubt, set the hook.
    Chris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast