Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Twain Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4/20 Twain Report

One beautiful day. Very little wind. Fished the coves off North Fork today, with an Old Partner of mine, "My Wife". Water temp started off at 58 degrees, last check hit 74 on the surface. Water depth 2 ft. to 10 ft. Fish were hitting at a depth of 1 1/2 ft. to 2 ft. down. Color did not matter, as long as it was a medium size minnow under a cork. Nothing on a jig. On the water by 9:am, 2 limits by 3:pm. 10 eaters from 9 1/2 to 10 inch, the other 20 ran 10 1/2 to 14. Caught at least 10 large mouth green carp and 1 sheep head with rock's in his head, for brains. Water clarity, no mud, no stain, just green. Lake is down, report says 606, I'd say it's about 602. And dang it, notta 2 pounder, close but no cee'gar. If the weather permits, the next 2 or 3 weeks will be hot. Got pic's if I can figure this out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Congrats on the good day!!

Post Thanks / Like

good report! Got my first turkey yesterday and was going to put in at south fork but had to come home instead. It was a beautiful day yesterday!

Post Thanks / Like

Its about time you catch some fish:D
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks for the report!

I'm heading up to MT next Thur for three days. I don't wanna jinx myself but it's GOT to be better than last year's trip.

I think the lake came up like 14' in three days (or something like that). I think Philput came up around the same time and got hosed too.

Never seen so many boats left on the trailer in my life. Guys were playin frisbee to pass the time. It was pathetic.

This sounds a whole ton better.

I sure appreciate hearing the info. Sounds like we should be able to find some fish...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCoz View Post
    good report! Got my first turkey yesterday and was going to put in at south fork but had to come home instead. It was a beautiful day yesterday!
    Congrats on the bird, Coz. And yes Deadeye, it was about time. I was beginning to wonder. Let's just hope Twains back. We'll see as the year goes on.

Post Thanks / Like

Will be on the water Friday afternoon and the rest of the weekend.............. should be able to report back Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be on the west end of the lake myself on sat. Ill probably go against the grain again, and hit the middle fork. So if any o y'all a 18' camo polarcraft, be sure to say hi.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Job Dan

good hear some good fishing at MT....... keep it up........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I'll go with you south point, hopefully it wont rain too hard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast