Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Most Durable Tube

Post Thanks / Like

Default Most Durable Tube

Who makes the most durable 1.5" tube? I have tried midsouth, bps squirts, sp lil hustlers and I'm sure a few others and cant seem to find many that are tuff anymore. Seems like some are better than others but not consistently. Some I have are ruined as soon as I stick them with a hook. Is anyone else noticing this? Where can I buy better quality? Thanks, Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Solid body tubes are much more durable.

Post Thanks / Like

Rocky Tops but the smallest they make (that I know of) is a 2". And they're solid body.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Dan ...

Quote Originally Posted by crappie_dan View Post
    Who makes the most durable 1.5" tube? I have tried midsouth, bps squirts, sp lil hustlers and I'm sure a few others and cant seem to find many that are tuff anymore. Seems like some are better than others but not consistently. Some I have are ruined as soon as I stick them with a hook. Is anyone else noticing this? Where can I buy better quality? Thanks, Dan
    Tiger & I agree ... solid body tubes are much more durable than hollow tubes. Look for the post "solid body tubes" for favorite brands. Don't rule out other solid body plastics, either ... like Sliders & Panfish Assassins (and the many other copies). Sometimes these baits can/will outfish a tube

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Chapman Creek Tubes. They have a 1.75 and a 2.5" They have a solid head but hollow body. Hold up better than any I have ever used.

Post Thanks / Like

Out of all I've tried the best I've used were ones I got from FishMaster Lures seem to last the longest. I've checked the web for them but they seem to be gone. They had really good prices .

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Creme from academy are nice and tough and cheap! I super glue them onto a RR head and they last all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezdaar View Post
    Creme from academy are nice and tough and cheap! I super glue them onto a RR head and they last all day.
    I have not tried the creme tubes. I just checked their website and they dont have a very big variety. But I might try them out.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe in the Bobby Garland solid body tubes. The smallest they make is the baby shad that is 2 inches. On a good white perch bite, I can catch 15 to 20 on one tube and that is catching decent size fish. JMO Good luck.

"Keep talkin smack and I'll make ya famous !!!"
    B&L Marine Pro Staff