Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: feb fishing need help

Post Thanks / Like

Default feb fishing need help

would like to crappie fish in feb about the 13th .coming from 0hio , would some one point me in the right area , 24ft m/h and boat in tow ,need a place to park with a ramp .thanks jim. first timer in your area .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bountyhunter
    would like to crappie fish in feb about the 13th .coming from 0hio , would some one point me in the right area , 24ft m/h and boat in tow ,need a place to park with a ramp .thanks jim. first timer in your area .
    Here is one place near Meridian.

http://www.sam.usace.army.mil/op/rec/okatib/Default.htm
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Paul in Indy Guest

Smile

How is the crappie fishing there at Meridan?

I also am looking for a place to fish in good Ole Miss. I have been looking at Arkabutla. I have heard GREAT things about 2lbs croppie being a common fish there.

Read this:http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=13116

Paul from Indy Indiana.

Happy Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

February is going to be really difficult. There is no water in our reservoirs yet in February and most ramps are closed. I am not trying to bring you down, I just want you to be prepared that Arkabutla will be cold, low and muddy and would be the absolute last place I would tell someone new to the state to start fishing in February. You need to keep going south and look into MS river oxbows, otherwise wait at least another month before coming down.

Paul in Indy Guest

Wax-

I'm not coming down until April, looks like the first week or after the 22nd.

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal. You will find the environment much, much less hostile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in Indy
    How is the crappie fishing there at Meridan?

I also am looking for a place to fish in good Ole Miss. I have been looking at Arkabutla. I have heard GREAT things about 2lbs croppie being a common fish there.

Read this:http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=13116

Paul from Indy Indiana.

Happy Fishin'
    Okatibbee fish are not as big as the crappie from the big 4 north of here or at Barnett Rez. The lake is only about 3500 acres so it is a little easier to pattern and if the water is high, getting a lot of rain, you can have fun above the road in the bushes.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bountyhunter

Try tunica cuttoff or grenada ! if u need phone numbers or anything the webb site mught help www.mdwfp.com
    give a kid a fish , you feed them for a day, teach a kid to fish , you feed them for a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yota4x4
    Try tunica cuttoff or grenada ! if u need phone numbers or anything the webb site mught help www.mdwfp.com

Before you drive hours to any river oxbow you really need to look at the Ms. River level. Oxbows depend on the level of the river. Low River low oxbow.
    Tunica cutoff does not have alot of cover until the river is close to 10 feet ideal around 14 My favorite river stage on the Memphis gauge. There are a few man made structures but very few. Currently there is nothing to speak of to fish unless your trolling, most of the timber is on dry ground. Unless there is alot of rain in the upper Ms valley and the ohio the oxbow will remain low for a while.