Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Rocket Launchers aka Pole Holders not for trolling but for storing...

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Rocket Launchers aka Pole Holders not for trolling but for storing...

I wanted something to hold all the poles when we would move from point A to point B. This was not designed for transport on the road or under bridges while on the water unless it's a high bridge but I don't go under bridges so really is a moot point.

There are 14 holders, 7 on each base (the base plates are 2 feet long). The holders are 1 1/2" with a wall thickness of .125. The PVC is a standard sized with a THIN WALL and slide in perfectly. They are all alum with the pvc inserts to protect the rod butt. They are at an approx 5 degree angle and 8" long. All hatch openings clear them untouched. That's what you have to watch if you make some. I used them yesterday on the lake and all I can say is SWEET!!!! They work great. I chose to put them behind the backs of the seats as that is just dead space anyway. Had Stainless screws for the mounting process but the welder made a small mistake so we had to use self-drilling zinc plated screws as I couldn't find them in SS.

The welding in the pic looks bad but it's not too ugly but I was so excited to get them I mounted them without wiping them off good from the dust left in the welding process. I'm gonna take some pics of the whole rig in the sunlight since I just about got it all rigged out.

Let me know if you want more specs...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Kyle Schoenherr is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks pretty good!

www.AllSeasonsCrappieFishing.com - 2x National Champion
    B'n'M Pro Staff - Road Runner Pro Staff - Lowrance Pro Staff - Tru Turn Pro Staff
    Harvest Clean Pro Staff - Midsouth Pro Staff - Titelok Pro Staff - Engels Pro Staff
    CrappieNow - Rend Lake Resort - Kinkaid Sportsman Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a great idea to me. One thing you might consider though is filing down the edges a little or put something soft on the top rim. I sure would hate to scrape my leg on it by accident. nice set up though

Post Thanks / Like

Looks pretty good Sac. Like mentioned above, I'd definitely do something to soften the tops and I'd always be worried about somebody tripping on the back deck and falling over the top of 'em. Past that, bad functional though.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice setup.
    Get Da Net! :D

Post Thanks / Like

I think it looks pretty cool! Not to mention I just like the name "Rocket Launchers". I think all boats should have Rocket Launchers!!
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great ideal--I,d have to get a loan from WB to buy enough poles to fill it up--
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Excellent idea! Transport only, watch those bridges. Watched a guy last year that had long poles in a similar rig blow through a no wake zone and under a bridge , the water was higher than normal, it wasn't pretty. Served him right!! Granite:D