Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Berryessa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Berryessa

I have been fishing crappies from the northern part of the state but i have never tried lake berryessa. I have heard that this is a killer crappie lake. Anybody have any suggestions to where and how i should fish this lake. Is the fish good eating and not toxic? i heard you can only eat a certain amount of fish from this lake as reffered from Office Of Environmental Health Hazzard Assesment?

Post Thanks / Like

Not surprised as to the pollution stuff. MOST Ca waters are polluted.
    I have heard of good catches in the area where the creek enters at the north end of the lake. But that is heard.....NOT done.
    ....lee s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killer4niacrappie
    I have been fishing crappies from the northern part of the state but i have never tried lake berryessa. I have heard that this is a killer crappie lake. Anybody have any suggestions to where and how i should fish this lake. Is the fish good eating and not toxic? i heard you can only eat a certain amount of fish from this lake as reffered from Office Of Environmental Health Hazzard Assesment?
    The lake only produces good amounts of crappie in Spring....Live minnows near trees work well and red and white jigs. Cappel Cove is the hot spot. Ive eaten crappie from the lake...there good.