Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Is this a good fish finder for lakes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this a good fish finder for lakes?

I just bought a humminbird 787c fish finder from bass pro. Only thing I'm not sure about is the dual frequency sonar. Some things I read on sonar say single frequency is best for fresh water lakes and such but humminbird says they have combined the best of both worlds into this "Dualbeam Plus". This model also has the gps reciever with it. Anyone else use Dual frequency sonar or gps finder??? If so how do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will like the unit I run humminbirds on my boat a 87c and also the 987c just take the time to play with it on the water and make the adjustments to fit your fishing My only complaint is I wish that the gps was more like garmin with a arrow pointing you the way to the point but you will get used to it and it will help you catch more fish

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the Matrix 17. I think it's much different from your unit but it has the dualbeam plus. You can use it in single or dualbeam mode. Obviously with the dualbeam you'll get more feedback of what's under you. I was messing around with mine over the weekend and I like the dualbeam over the single beam. I wish mine had the GPS with it. I have to buy the GPS if I want it.
    fishintiger

Look for me on Ohio Game Fishing I'm fishintiger there too.

Still searching for that 20 inch crappie.