Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My best weekend of fishing ever!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My best weekend of fishing ever!

Saturday:
    I was going to go fishing with my fishing partner; but, he was missing in action. So I started to go out by my self. As I was leaving the house my 9 year old son asked if he could go. So off we went. I had my two spinning rods and I grabbed his spin caster.

After about ½ hour of problems at the lake with his spin caster he asked he could try one of my rods. I let him use my light action rod that I was using. I switched to my medium action rod. After a few minutes of instruction he was casting the smallest size beetle spin a good distance. So I went back and started fishing a few feet away.

A few minutes passed and he yelled I think I have a fish. I looked over and the rod was bent quite a bit and he was working hard to reel it in. I walked over and pulled the line out of the water after he got the fish to shore. It was his first keeper. It was a large bluegill. It weighed more than a pound. The lake we were fishing is an average size farm pound with large gills in it. It was fun watching him catch it. He caught another a few minutes later. Then it was time to go home. He used my cell phone to call home and tell mom that he is now a fisher man!

Sunday:
    My wife and I, along with two other adult leaders took 10 cub scouts out fishing. My son had to tell all of the other boys how he caught two fish the day before. It was great! We split up the boys into small groups. I told everyone where they might catch some fish. I have fished the lake quite a few times in the past.

Two of the boys have never been fishing. I had them to start. I had two show them how to cast the rods and how to reel the line back in. The picked it up real fast. They were the first to catch fish. All of the boys caught more than one fish. This pond has decent size bluegills and small bass. Most boys caught gills and a bass.

The pond also has some large cat fish in it. They feed these cats several times a week. So they are large! I did hook one with my light action rod. I grabbed the string so I would not damage the rod or the reel. The string broke as soon as I grabbed it. It was a big catfish. My son caught his first bass this day. Maybe next week we will go Crappie fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go , dad. You made a bunch of kids happy.
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Proud of you dad
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

We will be looking for you two in some upcoming tournaments.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story Bowler, cheers to ya for takin the kids fishin. You sir are a great role model!

Post Thanks / Like

Wtg!