Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ Grand Glaize 4/14 - 4/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Grand Glaize 4/14 - 4/17

Water temp in the mid 60’s

Weather was warm Wednesday, Friday morning. Cold front came in Friday afternoon and cooled temps down to 36 degree mornings but sunny and 68 by afternoon.

Wednesday: Arrived around 1 pm. Fished from 3-9pm. Fishing was great on small roadrunner with red head, black body and green tail near brush. Minnow fished shallow in late evening. Limited out.

Thursday: High sky. Fished with minnows around brush and threw small white jigs. Started slow but ended up with limits. The evening bite was the best.

Friday: Fishing ok on small white jigs. Cold front came in around 2 pm. Drizzle for about two hours. Continued fishing with minnows around brush. Still caught a lot of fish. Just had to move from one brush pile to another.

Saturday: Cold start but sunny. Fished minnows around brush. Had to downsize bobbers due to crappie biting so lite.....I mean realllllllly lite. Nothing on jigs.

They continue to draw down the lake little by little.

The females we cleaned were mostly full of eggs ready to be dropped. Several 13's and two nice 14's but mostly 10's to 11's.

Did throw alot of small fish back.

We alway fish this weekend in April and still can't get over the water temp in the mid 60's. Usally around 54-56 for this time of year.

Overall a great time. I usally don't like fishing minnows that much but had too.
    Nothing better than getting out on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Good work Bob glad ya'll had a good trip.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Bob,

We had a great time at LOZ the past weekend. Lots of good fishing and fun.
    I wish I could get back down this weekend. They have got to be up on the banks soon. Nice to meet you and your gang. Best of luck with the fishing the rest of the spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian,

It was nice meeting you. We need to do that again next year.

On a side note.....Matt didn't look to good Sunday morning. Look like the scotch bottle flu.

We ended up giving those guys several bags of fish to bring back.

Hope to see you guys again,

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Good work Bob glad ya'll had a good trip.
    Jamie.....good talking to you last week. One of these times we are going to fish together. I would like to pick your brain about the Glaize area.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Fished the Glaize Thursday - Sunday... Caught limits every day, but the fish definitely pushed down with the cold front. Used only jigs, including some spinners around brush, as well as some Berkley Gulp 3 inch minnows on a jig head. First time I've tried them, and all I can say is that I am impressed how hard the fish hit those things. Water clarity was good enough that I was using some form of shad colored jigs pretty much everywhere. Caught fish suspended at about 10 foot in about 20 foot of water Sunday after the temps dropping into the mid 30's Saturday night.