Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Watts Bar Adventure 2010

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Watts Bar Adventure 2010

Arrived Thur about Noon ... fished til 6ish - 8 Crappie total, but we used most of the time to eliminate water & unproductive depths/areas.
    Fished most of Fri & Sat, with midday breaks of a couple of hours - ~ 15 fish each day. Fished about 4hrs Sun morning - 15 fish

Fish came from 10 fow to 25 fow ... suspended in the branches of submerged trees, or around deep water docks. Each day seemed to produce a different favorite color for them .... plastics in Smoke - Shad - Opening Night - Popsicle (Panfish Assassins) were heavily favored .... & chartreuse marabou Roadrunners were taking their toll, too. :D

Here's the pics :

My fishing partner Paul with the average sized "goodun" :

Paul concentrating on "line watching", as some of the bites were pretty lite:

The results of paying attention to your line, when casting jigs :

Our average daily hauls :

There was a gang from Ohio, and a smaller contingent of Indy anglers .... some doing good, some not so much. Some were catching fish in 3-4 fow ... while others were catching fish in 20+ fow. By my reconing, & the conditions of the eggs in the females we cleaned ... some are ready to drop NOW, while others are a week or more away from being ready. It could be very INTERESTING over the next week or so, down at "the Bar" !!!

A special thanks to Arrowhead Marina/Resort for the great accomodations & food. Always a pleasure to stay there .. great folks !!

I got to put my ESP fieldtest rods to the test ... and they worked great.
    My 6'6" Powerlite was a pleasure to cast with, and the sensitivity of it was a great help in detecting the sometimes very light pecks that we experienced. My 9' Powerjig rod was put to the test with a jig/minnow setup & hook/sinker/minnow setup ... which proved to be a deadly combo while drifting around the deeper brushpiles. Both rods are feather light and sensitive to the lightest tap. They are currently available thru Grizzly Jigs, & are listed in their catalogue. I like them, and plan on putting them to good use (maybe even as early as this coming weekend ... LOL !! )

I played cameraman on this trip, showcasing my fishing buddy instead of putting my ugly mug on display. Enjoyed the trip so much .... I'm making tentative plans to return in a few days ... LOL !! So, stay tuned ... there might be a 2010 Watts Bar Adventure part deux !!

... luck2ya'll ... wherever ya go !!!

... cp

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip. Nice fish and good photos.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time and bet the one's you kept tasted good!!!!!!!!!!

fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see You get out and drop the hammer on them CP! Way to go. Go get them again.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

PM me if you guys would like a guide sometime. I fish the "Bar" & Chickamauga for Crappies. I fished Friday & landed 19 keepers, 4 of which were over 14". Then fished Sunday after church, & landed 46 keepers, 5 of which were over 14". I only keep fish during the cold water times of the year, so yes I released all the fish.
    "Dixie Boy"
    Monkey Town Jigs "The Evolution of Crappie Jigs"
    Dayton, TN

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Fish ! ! ! !
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Glad you had fun and caught supper. Nice job!
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.