Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Norris Help Needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Norris Help Needed

The wife and I are going to be headed down to Norris in the middle of May and are hoping to take the boat and get in a day or 2 of Crappie fishing. We usually stay in the Springs Dock area. Any help on some decent areas up that way on the lake would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy, JigMan...I've lived on Norris Lake for about 9 months now, near Mountain Lake Marina...although I fish Norris exclusively, I've not yet heard of the Springs Dock area...of course, it's a mighty big lake....hopefully, another local will be able to assist you...BTW, the upper reaches of Cove Creek are a good place to try the crappie come spring.....I'm finding a lot of cover during the drawdown that I'm marking on my map come spring full pool...good luck to ya...

Bushrod :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey neighbor!!

Bushrod, my parents have a place right near you. It's a little cabin back in the cove once you get through all the houseboats on the water. You anywhere close to there? Get out there a couple of times a year but haven't really fished it. Do you do good in that area or do you have to go out on the lake farther to catch 'em. Hoping to get out there in May around Memorial Day but not quite sure of our plans yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy, Lecty....yep...I live on the next ridge up from that little cove you speak of...a couple of acres, surrounded by TVA land...I usually head up Cove Creek to fish, but there is lot of cover now submerged near the Marina...the lake is now at full pool...talked to some guys at Cove Creek launch ramp a coupla days ago, and they said they'd caught some nice bluegills...I took a walk down the backside of the ridge where I live to the lake's edge 3 days ago, and the smell of bedding fish was very strong...I believe the spawn will be on well before the next full moon (May 13th)...I'll keep ya posted...good luck to you...

Bushrod:D

Post Thanks / Like

Kewl, like I said I haven't fished there much but will probably be bringing the boat out with me for our next visit. Parent's have a pontoon but not much fun to do some serious fishing out of. I know it's deep and clear. Probably stay close to the cabing with the kiddos. Lots of brush etc out from the dock and down from our place just a bit. Lots of bluegill for them to mess around with. Wish I could get out that way more often. I might have to move out there sometime to get some use out of the lake place. Cya. Lecty