Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National prayer day

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default National prayer day

What has gone wrong with this country? My God.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    There is a very simple answer to that question... way too much separation between "country" and "God"!!! If our founding fathers had ANY idea what it would have led to, there is no doubt that they would have completely avoided that whole "separation of Church and state thing".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speck-tackler View Post
    There is a very simple answer to that question... way too much separation between "country" and "God"!!! If our founding fathers had ANY idea what it would have led to, there is no doubt that they would have completely avoided that whole "separation of Church and state thing".
    AMEN
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how many people don't beleave but sure change there mind when they close to dying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I dont know but I am gonna keep praying for our country and our leaders!
    Was that a bite? Forgot what they feel like!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ausable riverboat View Post
    It's funny how many people don't beleave but sure change there mind when they close to dying.
    Yea you start to meet your maker all changes
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speck-tackler View Post
    I have to disagree with you on this, speck! They knew exactly what they was doing by adding the seperation of Church and State. They didn't want the Church to be telling the Gov what to do or how to run the country. When JFK was elected they said that the Church would be running the country if he got elected back then. So it seems that the Rep were always for the Church and State to be hand in hand, until they found out they could manipulate it. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    I have to disagree with you on this, speck! They knew exactly what they was doing by adding the seperation of Church and State. They didn't want the Church to be telling the Gov what to do or how to run the country. When JFK was elected they said that the Church would be running the country if he got elected back then. So it seems that the Rep were always for the Church and State to be hand in hand, until they found out they could manipulate it. EB
    Hey, Beav. You are right. That comment was intended to be somewhat tounge in cheek. The founding fathers, appropriately, did not want want the church manipulating the church, nor did they want the government manipulating the church. However, I am certain that they never imagined that this country would ever end up as "seperated" from God as we have ended up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    I have to disagree with you on this, speck! They knew exactly what they was doing by adding the seperation of Church and State. They didn't want the Church to be telling the Gov what to do or how to run the country.
    you have it the wrong way around. their intention had nothing to do with the church telling the gvt what to do but it only had to deal with the gvt telling the church what to do. the sole reason for the dark ages.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hnd View Post
    you have it the wrong way around. their intention had nothing to do with the church telling the gvt what to do but it only had to deal with the gvt telling the church what to do. the sole reason for the dark ages.
    And you know this How??? EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast