Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain

Is anybody catching fish on Mark Twain this winter? We've pretty much lost all our walkable ice in southern Iowa and I'm thinking about MK for some open water slabs.
    thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I went last Sat. herb. Did'nt catch a fish. But don't let that stop ya, I stink at winter fishin hehe.

Post Thanks / Like

izzy, mark twain is not well know for it's winter crappie fishing, however the other 9 months of the year are preety good. dec-feb can be challenging! i would try warmer water with less ice

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bruce, I do all right at MT spring thru fall. I've tried in the winter on Truman, Mark Twain, and LOZ. I can't get a handle on it. I think my biggest problem is impatience and the cold just kills my banged up knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Truman Or Loz Are Much Better Winter Lakes For Crappie, My Two Cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys, it's no longer winter. Any reports now? Or am I just going to have to go down there and make my own report? lol
    Course, it's the same distance to Rathbun, so maybe-----------

Post Thanks / Like

Winter is still trying to stick around here, forecast for a small amount of snow tonight. Some crazy weather, 60's yesterday and snow today go figure only in Missouri.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey izzy

Quote Originally Posted by izzysfishin
    Hey Bruce, I do all right at MT spring thru fall. I've tried in the winter on Truman, Mark Twain, and LOZ. I can't get a handle on it. I think my biggest problem is impatience and the cold just kills my banged up knees.

Izzy...I saw in your profile that you are a millwright. That explains the bad knees...I haven't met a MW yet that learned to walk upright...LOL..just kidding. I am an electrician for Caterpillar and we call the millwrights knuckle draggers and the millwrights call us EL's premadonnas....just good natured ribbing between the crafts. I see you are planning a trip to Rathbun. I have never fished it but a couple of my buddies from work go every spring and love the place..good luck and let me know how you do..I want to go there in the next year or so....Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

Hey SPARKY, i'll gaurantee ya i've crawled around on the floor and conveyors more in the last 27 years than 1000 1 year olds hehe. Can't help ya herb, the boat was covered up for the winter more than a month ago...izzy