Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish Cooker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Cooker

Okay guys getting a new cooker, 2 - 8 people to feed , what do you think the best one out there is ? price ? cleanup , ease of use, gas or elec. and so on , looked around on the site but didn"t really find any infor on it
    THANKs
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I would go on and get the gas turkey fryer THAT way of you ever want to do a turkey you have the pot. It always works good for crawfish and shrimpboils/downhome boil. The cajun turkey fryer burner with pot and lid is what I bought. I think it was like $50. For fish I just use a smaller pot from the kitchen as that turkey fryer pot takes a lot of oil. BUT like I said you have it if you need it and the price is about the same. I like the package deals that have the drainers with them too.

http://www.cajun-outdoor-cooking.com...ryers_kits.htm

Post Thanks / Like

We use a turkey fryer from BPS, but I use a cast iron dutch oven to fry in. It too was from BPS and came with a lid, and basket. We have a second refrigerator in the garage, and I just put the cover on the pot and keep it in there until next use. Keep it filled with peanut oil, and strain it about every third use. Makes short work of lots of fish.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

For a small crowd I use a grand pappy electric fryer works great. Takes alittle longer than my gas cooker but the clean up in minimal. Leave the oil in it until the next use..
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever you get, if you have a good sized dutch oven it will fry a lot better than the cheapo aluminum pots that come with the fryers.

Post Thanks / Like

Cast Iron is the way to go!
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy1 View Post
    We use a turkey fryer from BPS, but I use a cast iron dutch oven to fry in. It too was from BPS and came with a lid, and basket. We have a second refrigerator in the garage, and I just put the cover on the pot and keep it in there until next use. Keep it filled with peanut oil, and strain it about every third use. Makes short work of lots of fish.
    I think I read on here somewhere that it wasn't good at all to re use the oil because of the carcinogens (spelling) that might come out of the fish from the waterway that can cause illness. Just my opinion. When I was growing up we always re used the grease but I have stopped since I read that article.

"Keep talkin smack and I'll make ya famous !!!"
    B&L Marine Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, Look for a cooker with a high pressure burner (125,000 - 160,000btu) and a cast iron pot.

BPS and Academy sports both sell fryers like this.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't mind spending the money R&V Works Cajun Fryer is by far the best outdoor cooker made. Smallest size is a 1 basket 2 1/2 gallon. PM me if you want a price quote.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fryer

Welcome to R & V Works

one like this will be the next one i buy. no flame driectly to the grease so it should not burn,also the crumbs goes to the bottom, with the heat up around the middle should help from burning.drain plug to should make filtering or changing easy. just need some extra funds to find out for sure. i found some just like these locally alot cheaper. think i seen some at bps to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast