Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Dumb Can You Be?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Dumb Can You Be?

Got maybe $5000 + tied up in a boat motor and trailer, got a new trolling motor, fish finder, some of the best B&M poles I can get. Got a 12volt air compressor, spare hub for my trailer, and all of the supplies I need in case an emergency occurs on the highway(including toilet paper). Now the dumb part, last year I bought two "used" 13" trailer tires. Left going to the river this morning and had a blowout. How dumb can you be?

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We have done that too. Was in too big a hurry to have some crappies yank my line. Get some new tires and go back after them.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jignjim View Post
    Got maybe $5000 + tied up in a boat motor and trailer, got a new trolling motor, fish finder, some of the best B&M poles I can get. Got a 12volt air compressor, spare hub for my trailer, and all of the supplies I need in case an emergency occurs on the highway(including toilet paper). Now the dumb part, last year I bought two "used" 13" trailer tires. Left going to the river this morning and had a blowout. How dumb can you be?
    Well, maybe not dumb--maybe the tires appeared good shape and at a good price- lots of times we may do things trying to save that BUCK$$ or two sometimes we learn by doing that some things work OK, some don't, U just taught yourself a new lesson concerning tires Ok, besides I know people buy new ones and never check air pressure- when a trailer tire is run with low/less then required air pressure it gets hot fast & blows, my trailer 13 inch tires call for 55# air and thats where I run them- after 100 miles they are cool as when sitting in Garage on a 70 degree day...... Good fishing
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

a guy just told me the other day what the word boat stands for .

B-ust
    O-ut
    A-nother
    T-housand

but don't feel bad did the same thing the other year first trip out 20 miles from home duh duh duh.
    makes ya feel bad but life goes on and turned out the bite wasen't hot that morning anyhow .
    Best of luck and rem. it's all for fun lol.

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Your thread almost sounded like I could have wrote it. However , in my case it was hearing a thud, and watching my brand new radial tire on shiny new aluminum wheel roll past me as I was going 50 mph down the highway. Trailers don't roll too good on one tire. My dumb trick was buying a rim with slightly different offset and causing a rub on inner trailer ...so got the idea to put on wheel shims. Thought I had enough thread to hold ...but apparently not. That was dumb number one. Dumb number two was after draging the trailer off the road and retrieving the wheel and remounting it.... I bowowed 2 of the lug bolts from other side hoping to limp 3 miles to next town. Wrong... the tire started to wobble, and got cut on inside by a metal tang on the inner fender well and blew out and off the hub again. This time my brand new tire ruined. Also lost 2 bearing buddies ....lost first one when tire came off, then had a spare with me, replaced it and lost it when tire came off second time. I had stayed at the lake late that day, so it was already getting dark. Lucky for me, there are still some good people out there that went out of their way to help me. Now, I know I will have to "pay it forward" or bad karma will surely ensue. So you see, you don't have the market cornered on dumb boat trailer tricks.

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you should buy some "used" minnows to go along with those used trailer tires?:rolleyes:

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hog Daddy View Post
    Your thread almost sounded like I could have wrote it. However , in my case it was hearing a thud, and watching my brand new radial tire on shiny new aluminum wheel roll past me as I was going 50 mph down the highway. Trailers don't roll too good on one tire. My dumb trick was buying a rim with slightly different offset and causing a rub on inner trailer ...so got the idea to put on wheel shims. Thought I had enough thread to hold ...but apparently not. That was dumb number one. Dumb number two was after draging the trailer off the road and retrieving the wheel and remounting it.... I bowowed 2 of the lug bolts from other side hoping to limp 3 miles to next town. Wrong... the tire started to wobble, and got cut on inside by a metal tang on the inner fender well and blew out and off the hub again. This time my brand new tire ruined. Also lost 2 bearing buddies ....lost first one when tire came off, then had a spare with me, replaced it and lost it when tire came off second time. I had stayed at the lake late that day, so it was already getting dark. Lucky for me, there are still some good people out there that went out of their way to help me. Now, I know I will have to "pay it forward" or bad karma will surely ensue. So you see, you don't have the market cornered on dumb boat trailer tricks.

HHD
    Ouch..
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Default proding

We all do this one. Proding a 40-50 dollar fishing rod into a brush pile to save a 20 cent jig....

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to stay on top of those wheel bearings to. Had one to go out on the way back from the lake the other night.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my boat in 2003 and never had a spare tire, This spring it dawned on me I might need one so I went and finally got one.I guess Ive been lucky! Ive been all over with that boat, Ive really been lucky not to need one!!!
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast