Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Club Meeting Location

Post Thanks / Like

Default Club Meeting Location

Hey, ladies and gents. There were some issues which will prevent us from using Hig's as the location for our regular monthly meetings. The issue of where to hold our meetings was discussed at our first meeting. It was decided that a set location, central to the West TN area, should be identified.

I have made several calls, trying to identify buffet style restaurants with suitable private meeting rooms. The Old Country Store served our needs, but @ $15 per person, seems pretty pricey. Brooksie's Barn in Jackson is another suitable option. However, it seems that most of our current membership are from somewhere north of Jackson.

Kappis Steak House in Humboldt (on the corner of Hwys. 45 & 152) seems to be a good option. Good food, reasonable prices, and appropriately sized private meeting rooms. I spoke to one of their managers, and it seems that they would be very accomodating to us.

Wanted to see what others thought of either Brooksie's or Kappis. Also, other location ideas are welcome.

We may stick with our plan to meet at Hig's on the 29th, as I provided that info to the guy at the Jackson Sun, for inclusion in Sunday's article. I will let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Kappis is good as is Brooksies, Did you check with Ryans in Jackson, they have a couple rooms in the back that might could be used.
    The Bar B que place in 3 way has a Buffet , but to me its a little pricey also, but you can order off the menu, a BBQ sandwich there, is plenty or their kobe burger is good too.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Kappis

Post Thanks / Like

Kappis would be good.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been there to eat and I can't wait to try it out.:D

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Are the locations gonna change every meeting? Just wondering. Be nice to make a meeting but ain't no way I driving from Memphis every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimeyslab View Post
    Are the locations gonna change every meeting? Just wondering. Be nice to make a meeting but ain't no way I driving from Memphis every time.
    James,

I understand where you're coming from. However, we held a discussion and vote regarding this issue at the first meeting. The majority felt that it would be best to have a set location, central to West TN. Those present felt that it was important to have a set location, to cut down on any confusion. It was also felt that we would have better attendance if the location was central. We thought that chances would be better of folks from, for example, Memphis and Paris attending a meeting in the Jackson area, than of Memphis folks driving to Paris for a meeting, or vice versa.

We can certainly revisit this issue in the future, but for now the meetings will be held at a set, central location.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess it's like they say "can't please everybody". Just to far to drive after getting off work it would be nearly impossible to make. Hope the club does well..