Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The bite was on

Post Thanks / Like

Default The bite was on

Got back today from a week long trip to Truman; my brother and I camped at Bucksaw since last Saturday. Spent several hours each day on the water and caught a ton of crappie. Spent the whole week fishing the banks between Bucksaw and the coves around Hay Creek and man were they biting great. Feasted on fish a few times and brought home our legal limits, definitely had more fun just catching and releasing. The size of the fish we were catching was exceptional (for us anyways, for some of you they may have been run-of-the-mill fish but they were bigguns for us), hardly any shorts, with gobs in the 10-11 inch range, and a bunch over the 12 inch mark. What a great trip. I am trying to post some pics of our ugly mugs but need to find the accessories to download them from the digital camera. Like I said, we fished the banks all week, found the most fish on moderately steep rocky slopes back in the side coves. Wind was tough a couple of days, especially on Thursday, that is the only day that we didn't do all that great and only caught 9 fish in 3+ hours of fishing. Mapped a few honey-holes for future reference, and fished mostly new waters for us. Had our best luck on either side of the Hwy U bridge. Purple over white was definitely our best colors, with good luck on blue over chartruse, red over chartruse and brown over orange also. Fished over bobbers mostly, but also caught a bunch casting and retrieving. Didn't dip any trees this time, didn't need to.

Good fishing all.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you fellas had a trip to remember for a lifetime,i'm glad all went well and ya'll were able to "smoke" the fish and it sounds like you had a pile of good-uns.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a fine trip. That U Hwy bridge area is a good one to fish.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

bloody outstanding I say, glad y'all had a good time, It sure is a good lake for constantly big fish, only fished it a few times but man good lake, congrats. on the good times

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great week, congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks yall. It was a heckuva great trip. We both been working a ton of hours lately so it was a good break. We take a spring vacation every year and try to hit different areas. Couple of years ago we fished the White and Norfolk rivers in N Arkansas for trout, year before we spent at Pomme trying to catch crappie but were a couple of weeks too early. It was good just to get away for a few days. We planned the trip more than 3 months ago, we definitely got lucky with the weather and the crappie bite.

I am headed to Dallas today for a week long business trip so am trying to write this up pretty quick, but did want to share. If it helps anyone even a little bit, I am sure happy.

Good fishing!
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

good report 22 wtg