Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Huxley Bay & Toledo Bend Crappie Report?

Kevin A Guest

Default Huxley Bay & Toledo Bend Crappie Report?

The time is near! We will be fishing out of Huxley Bay next Sunday & Monday and was hoping to get a crappie report before we go. Anybody been to Huxley (or Toledo Bend in general) in past few days?

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin

Toledo Bend has a web site and they list quite a few guides on there with fishing reports. Check out their reports. I'm not sure if any of the reports are for the Huxley Bay area.
    Also, Toledo Bend is VERY low, so be careful...lots of stumps & etc!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Robinson's

All the recent Reports on Robinson's Lodge are Huxely Bay reports since Mark Lodge is in Huxley Bay. All reports are good.

BD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing is good but ever changing

We did good fishing four days out of Robinsons and his guide guests did VERY good as I was staying as a lodge guest using my own boat. Every day was different and it has been hard to stay in the big fish. Monday they were in as shallow as 3-4 feet. I recommend hiring Mark for a half day and then using you own boat. $175. One nice thing about staying at the lodge is having all the Crappie fishermen that stay there to give input on what is working and what they did. This warm weather has messed things up. There are several reports on the Main and Louisana forums by Mark for this past weekend. Mark fishes every day, guiding or not. I have never met anyone as crazy about Crappie fishing as he is. Seeya. Don
    http://www.toledobendlodge.com
    Last edited by percher; 01-04-2006 at 05:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I second what Percher said. If you are into crappie fishing. You owe it to yourself to fish with Mark and stay at his lodge. The experience will keep you going back for more. Not to mention the great food.

Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

KevinA
    The bite is still on you just have to change tactics a little look shallower and don't be afraid to move around a bit. I've been finding crappie from 2' to 20'. bigger fish shallow smaller ones deeper. find what works for you with your style of fishing. Do you cast and retreve or do you vertical fish, do you sit still or troll, one rod or four rods? What works for me may be something that you don't want to do. What ever you do don't sit and wait for them to come to you, it may not happen. If what you normally do isn't working take one giant step out of the box.
    Mark
    Robinson's Lodge
    Toledo Bend
    accommodations and guide service
    936-368-2211
    Toledobendlodge.com
    Keep what you need, Release the rest, Protect the resource.

Kevin A Guest

I would like to thank all you guys for the crappie reports. It's great I can count on you and this board for accurate updates. Keep posting and keep on fishin'.

Kevin A Guest

Question Just bumping this thread up.

My last trip to Huxley Bay was somewhat successful. We caught only 20 crappie (and several catfish as well as junk fish). From the start, we had some fuel problems and couldn't move around as much as we wanted. I'm hoping I have that problem diagnosed now. I'm thinking it was a bad bulb (hopefully). Also, from talking to a few others that day, the bite was slower than normal...maybe due to the warmer weather. Although we did see a few others that stayed on their spot most all day...and it appeared they we doing some good. We will try it again soon, and with a little luck we will bag our limit. Any new reports from the Bend will be appreciated.

Kevin A Guest

Default Bump

Anybody been to the Bend lately?