Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pomme and Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pomme and Truman

Fished Pomme Wednesday night with my 12 year old son. Caught lots of small male black crappie near the bank, and lots of bass. My son caught several bass and a few crappie and the required drum since we were on Pomme. They aren't quite ready yet, but if weather holds they will be on the banks, still in pre-spawn most places.

Fished Truman Thursday night, Buddy and I limited out. Fish never quite hit the banks, seems we caught most in 5-6 fow. Almost all the white crappie were females with eggs running out, tails all wore out. Black crappie were almost all males and the one or two females wouldn't flow eggs with a gentle squeeze. Tails were still clean on the blacks also. Man is it good to be in Missouri in April.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a couple good trips. It is fixing to get real good.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the pomme report. I heard some of the larger crappie were being caught in 8 to 10 foot of water. That's not too surprising as I read that was the area to search for the larger crappie. I'll be there this next week hoping to find them on the banks. This is exciting to me, as it has been several years for me to time the spawn.......and this will be my first time to fish this year........that's more important....just getting out and enjoying fishing, etc.

This is a great site and some day I hope I can contribute.