Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: **IMPORTANT** WTCC update

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation **IMPORTANT** WTCC update

Excellent meeting tonight. Seventeen (17) awsome folks in attendance, plus me, for a total of 18. :D Started the night out with a presentation by our own Mike Tolley, owner of Wooley Booger Tackle. If you are not familiar with his jigs, you should really check them out (wooleyboogerjigs.com)!!!

With regard to the organization of the club, those present unanimously elected our Tournament Director, Mike Tolley, to serve as the club's Vice President. The Tournament Committee membership was also finalized (Mike Tolley, Scott Plumlee, Paul Pauls, Matthew Tosh, and Thomas Maclin).

James Torrence volunteered to assist Devon Gregson and Lynn Parker on the Membership/Sponsorship Committee. Additional members are encouraged to assist with this committee. The decision was made to drop the positions of Social Activities Director and Committee. These issues will be handled by the club's general membership.

Secretary/Treasurer Vonna Pauls updated us regarding the club's finances. A club checking account has been established. Vonna will track and report the financial status of the club. Additional research is being conducted regarding IRS requirements, etc.

Devon Gregson updated us regarding his contacts with numerous potential sponsors. The decision was made that there would be no specific requirements to qualify as a club "sponsor". Any business assisting with / donating to the club will be considered a club sponsor. Sponsors will have their logos, as well as links to their websites, posted on the WTCC website.

Sheri Pruitt discussed the WTCC website (westtncrappie.com). All comments and feedback regarding the website are welcome. Information, photos, etc. should be e-mailed to Sheri (e-mail address located on website), for addition to the site.

Information was shared regarding upcoming coverage of the club and our activities, in the Mid-South Hunting and Fishing News, the Jackson Sun, and Crappie Angler Magazine.

Mike Tolley presented ideas regarding club tournaments. Mike presented a wealth of excellent information, and some terrific ideas regarding various types of tournaments (club draw tournaments, youth tournaments, ladies tournaments, night tournaments, guest tournaments, open tournaments, etc.), along with ideas regarding numerous locations for club tournaments. Discussion was held regarding a points system, leading to end-of-year awards, to be presented at an annual awards banquet. Many of the tournament related issues will be finalized and voted on at the next club meeting. Tournament info will then be uploaded to the club website!!!!

The next WTCC meeting will be held in 2 weeks, at 6:30 PM on Thursday, April 29th, at Hig's Restaurant in Milan, TN. After that meeting, we will begin with regularly scheduled monthly meetings. Beginning with the May 2010 meeting, a meeting will be held on the 4th Thursday evening of each month, at 6:30 PM, at Hig's Restaurant in Milan, TN.

Hope to see you all on the 29th!!! Thanks to everyone for all the hard work that you have put into this. We are off to a terrific start!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all, don't forget me, how can I help support your efforts here? Just let me know, and I'll do what I can.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Hey all, don't forget me, how can I help support your efforts here? Just let me know, and I'll do what I can.
    Thanks, Slab. We really appreciate your willingness to help!!! I sent you a PM. You will have to come down and join us for a tournament or a fish fry. You are certainly welcome, any time!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    What a great sponsor you are!

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Really!!! I have thought about how much more difficult this would have been if it hadn't been for crappie.com. Of all the current WTCC members (approx. 25), I think maybe 2 or 3 are not crappie.com members.

We certainly owe Slab a debt of gratitude!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I need to get you some money specky boy. Me and the wife and boy would love to join. I think i am going to put some type of sticker on my boat so that people know how proud I am to be a member of this site and WTCC

Post Thanks / Like

Reece,

You are more than welcome to give me money, ANY TIME!!! Oh, you were talking about joining WTCC, weren't you??? :D

There is now a downloadable membership application on the WTCC website (West TN Crappie Club), along with the mailing address.

As far as the decal thing goes, we have a logo which will be presented for approval at Thursday night's meeting. As soon as we get a logo approved and paid for, we will get things set up so folks can order decals, shirts, caps, etc.