Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rose Valley Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rose Valley Lake

Anyone have any details about this lake? I believe it's in the Williamsport area. Sounds like it may harbor some decent crappie............

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rose Valley

I guess I should have been paying attention yesterday. I met a fellow from Williamsport yesterday at the launch on Hammond lake. He's near Rose Valley and fishes there and did talk about it some but I wasn't absorbing it as it's too far for me. I believe the reason he was fishing Hammond yesterday was because of the bigger fish there. I can't be sure now but he he may have said that there's lot's of dinks in Rose Valley, but not alot of large one's. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Post Thanks / Like

Just eyeballed a net survey that was done on the lake in 2003. I wouldn't call the results a lake full of dinks - 85% of the crappie netted were 10" or better. The 28" walleye also got my attention. Apparently this is a pretty clear water lake.(?) Pretty good numbers on the yellow perch as well.

http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/Fis...rosevalley.htm
    Last edited by Big Zig; 10-08-2004 at 01:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rose Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zig
    Just eyeballed a net survey that was done on the lake in 2003. I wouldn't call the results a lake full of dinks - 85% of the crappie netted were 10" or better. The 28" walleye also got my attention. Apparently this is a pretty clear water lake.(?) Pretty good numbers on the yellow perch as well.

http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/Fis...rosevalley.htm
    As I said, I wasn't really paying attention to what he said about Rose Valley, but he must have had a reason for traveling all the way to Hammond when Rose Valley is in his backyard. Since the state record came out of Hammond maybe the average fish is bigger than what comes out of Rose Valley. He told me he camps on Hammond several times a year. Hammond looks to be a pretty tough lake to figure out, not many trees along the shoreline so blowdowns are almost nonexistent. I know they have put alot of structure in the lake but it doesn't seem like too many folks want to share any info. I guess you would have to spend some time with your sonar and GPS. They have a beautiful fish cleaning station there with running water, cutting boards, and a big disposal that grinds up all that's left after cleaning and fileting.