Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shrooms!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shrooms!

West Central Ill.

Went out for a walk last night and found bout 100........ little grey's and a couple fresh yellows. You guys out there fishin the banks or turkye hunting, don't be afraid to look around those dead elms and on the south facing banks..... they are starting to pop.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading your post I called my Dad, he lives near Canton Illinois. Asked him if he had been out and if he hadn't he should be looking. Well while I was still on the phone with him he checked one of his honey holes right by the house and he found two grays. I was only on the phone with him for about 2 minutes. Thanks for the info and they are popping in central Illinois too.
    Opinions are like A-holes, everybody has one and some stink worse than others!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd get back out there Sunday...... we got a nice rain last night and the sun should be back out this afternoon.......... yellers' should be goin nuts about now.

Post Thanks / Like

I will pass it on, I am in Iraq right now so I have missed out on a bunch of outdoor stuff over the past year. Deer season, fishing, morels, spring turkey, gonna miss the crappie spawn. Oh well, it is a job and somebody has to do it.
    Opinions are like A-holes, everybody has one and some stink worse than others!

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say to that is Thank You..... you're over there so we can enjoy what we have back here.

Not to worry though! Depending on when you get back, maybe we can hook up for a duck/goose hunt (if you are a waterfowler)?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all you and the people with you are doing so we can enjoy what we do back home Redneck. It means a lot to all of us and will not be forgotten!!!!!!!

so will the cooler front we are getting hold them up at all? how does a change in weather like this impact them? If it does not mess them up i will have to get out sunday morning and from what i have been hearing look under some Elm trees....

Post Thanks / Like

Went out Saturday and hit a couple of my spots. Found 300 or so. I think the cold snap did some good. We needed the short drizzle-piss rain we got in Boone county on Friday. Had it been warmer I think the rain wouldn't have done much good.

Redneck, thanks for all you are doing. My "adopted" son graduated from Marine Corp boot camp on this past Friday. We had a big celebration on Sunday for him. Cooked all those shrooms, fried some Crappie, smoked some meat amd rejoiced in the fact that we get to see him for a minute before he ships of to Afghanistan. Taking him out to get his Crappie fishin fix today. Stay safe and watch your six Redneck. You will be in our prayers with all the other fine Americans doing what you do for all of us here at home.
    Proof is in the pictures. Top is nine and bottom is Slabbenstein!