Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: And they were GOOD!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up And they were GOOD!

Fried up some of those slabs I caught yesterday, and man were they good!!!:D
    Made some hush puppies with a bit of onion in them and it was meal fit for a King. Only thing could have made it better would have been some fresh Shrooms to go along with 'em. Even the Mom in Law raved about 'em, so I wasn't just being biased about my own cookin'.:p

I'm gonna have to be pretty desperate before another Bass ever crosses my plate. Walleye? Now that's a different story!

Tried the Andy's tonight along with a little bit of the Martha White I had left. The Andy's was really good, but in a side by side comparison I liked the Martha White a little bit better. Haven't got up enough nerve to try the Andy's Cajun yet 'cause it sure looks spicy

Sure glad y'all helped make me a Crappie convert:D
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Mix the Red and White Andys and it cuts down the spiceness of it to a great tasting coating. Just put half the mix away till next time if both bags together are to much. I don't eat a lot of spicey food but this isn't all that spicey. I'll even add a little extra garlic powder to the mix.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks barn, I'll give it a try.

You only need one more post to hit 1K Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by barn dog View Post
    Mix the Red and White Andys and it cuts down the spiceness of it to a great tasting coating. Just put half the mix away till next time if both bags together are to much. I don't eat a lot of spicey food but this isn't all that spicey. I'll even add a little extra garlic powder to the mix.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

With a Belly full like that....I'd still be Asleep!!......YUMMMM
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Andys red, MMMMM it isn't too spicy in my taste, but mixing the regular sounds like a great idea if you don't do well with spicy food.
    Sounds like a great meal, and yea, the mushrooms would have made it perfect!
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

your gettin there golden gate boy, try the andys cajun straight out of the bag, man up and enjoy,

Post Thanks / Like

the last crappie fish fry we had i tried the andys cajun and man is it good. Doesnt the saying go if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen???? yeah shrooms would have been the icing on the cake for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I do like the spicy stuff, but had Gastric bypass surgery a couple of years ago ant the ol' stomach ain't made of cast iron anymore I'm gonna give a shot on the next batch though. I just need to stock up on a couple bottles of that Pank stuff:p (Deliberately mis spelled especially for Crappie Novice):D

Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    the last crappie fish fry we had i tried the andys cajun and man is it good. Doesnt the saying go if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen???? yeah shrooms would have been the icing on the cake for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    Yeah, I do like the spicy stuff, but had Gastric bypass surgery a couple of years ago ant the ol' stomach ain't made of cast iron anymore I'm gonna give a shot on the next batch though. I just need to stock up on a couple bottles of that Pank stuff:p (Deliberately mis spelled especially for Crappie Novice):D
    LOL... yes the old pank stuff seems to work well when you need it but its funny how its never there when you do. cajon crappie and pink shots to wash it down.... problem solved!!!!