Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just rolled in to LOZ...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just rolled in to LOZ...

Staying on the Glaize and looking to fish in the area. Curious as to how things are going in this end of the world. Fished a few brush piles tonight and pitched the bank for just a bit this evening and didn't have a ton of success. Any suggestions welcome. Here through Sunday in a green Triton fish 'n ski, say hi if you see us.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOZcrappie View Post
    Staying on the Glaize and looking to fish in the area. Curious as to how things are going in this end of the world. Fished a few brush piles tonight and pitched the bank for just a bit this evening and didn't have a ton of success. Any suggestions welcome. Here through Sunday in a green Triton fish 'n ski, say hi if you see us.
    Scott, JetBoy rolled in to Robins Resort this afternoon. Sent me a report saying they ended up with 62 in two boats. Look out for that red jet boat over there.

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
    Scott, JetBoy rolled in to Robins Resort this afternoon. Sent me a report saying they ended up with 62 in two boats. Look out for that red jet boat over there.

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Thanks, Mike. Have several folks we know staying in groups at Robin's and Jackpot may be among them. We'll check it out.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been but it sounds like they're doin a little something up there......good luck.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

update?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
    update?
    Last I heard they were fighting some wind there and the bite slowed (but the beer flowed.)

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

That is what I love about LOZ, covered docks. Just sit in the shade and pound the beer if the fish won't bite!

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

biting half way decent for me on the osage arm, haven't been over to the glaize yet, but i have heard it is really crowded. smaller than previous years, averaging 10.5 inches with teh big fish only being 13. the ones i have cleaned so far have been mostly empty males, maybe 20 percent females and all of them had eggs that were flowing, so the actual spawn is almost done over here. males will still be gaurding the nests though. don't have a clue what those nippleheads at ameren are doing with the water level this season though, i didn't think they were allowed to mess with it like this anymore since they got that new contract. now it is threathening rain, so i am picking off a few from the dock. good luck
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the belated update. It's been good. Limited out both of the past two days in the Glaize. Met up with Jetboy, too.

Have had better luck fishing brushpiles as opposed to the banks. Hit our docks this afternoon while it rained and picked up 20 or so there. It's been great. Light colors in the sun, dark in the clouds ... same as usual.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast