Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just relocated to St. Louis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just relocated to St. Louis

Hello there fellow fishermen! I just got out of the Army and relocated to the St. Louis area. I am interested in finding good fishing spots in the Missouri or southern Illinois areas. I was born and raised in northern IL so I am not familiar with southern IL or MO. If anyone knows any good spots or is interested in a fishing partner, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Matt

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board Matt

First off let me thank you for your service in the military. You'll find that 'crappie.com' is about the very best board for information and great friendships.

Now to the fishing.
    1. Do you have a boat or are you planning to fish from bank?
    2. Walmart (and other places I'm sure) have a book of map of "Southern Illinois Fishing Map Guide". This show locations as well as descriptions of the various lakes. There is probably on for Missouri as well
    3. The Illinois DNR has a website with fishing reports for all the lakes that they are involved in the management.
    http://www.ifishillinois.org/selectors/lakeselect.html
    4. I live on the north end of Lake Shelbyville and would be happy to share information on Shelbyville (as would others on this board).
    5. Right now on Shelbyville there is some ice still up close to the bank but temperatures have been above the freezing mark for several days.
    6. There is to be a Fishing Show at the Gateway Convention Center in Collinsville , IL this weekend. See the link below for details
    http://www.letsgoshows.com/shows/col...lle/index.html
    There is s seminar Friday evening on Southern Illinois Crappie at 6:30. I think some others from the board are going to be going to the show. I'm hoping I can. I'll let you know later this week if I'm going to be able to make it.
    7. Do not hesitate to send a private message or email to others on this board and always remember no such thing as a dumb question.

Again thank you for your serving our country in the military.

Hope this helps you
    Barry
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

thanx for the help and thank you