Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back from Louisiana crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back from Louisiana crappie fishing

Sorry guys and gals it has been a while since, I posted. The site is really keeping me busy. Anyway, I wanted to post a few of the Crappie I caught on a recent trip to Monroe, Louisiana. Ok, sorry, I don't like to talk about my website, but when I tried to upload into this post it said upload failed. Maybe someone can talk me threw the process. Anyhow, if you wanna see those fish. you can find them at CountryBoyOutdoors.com under an article titled Down on the Bayou. Talk to you guys soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Evans View Post
    I don't like to talk about my website
    I call BS on that, you can post a report and ask how to post pictures. You may say you don't like to talk about your website, but you sure can't help your self.
    Just my $.02
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am starting to feel the same way again Rugs. It has been a week since he first post about his trip down south. Also every post he has put on the MO board is copied and pasted on other boards as well. But I would like to see pictures of the 54 fish he caught on the Sunday of his trip. Smallest one was 13" and had a few 18" fish as well. Would be a heck of a trip for sure. Maybe that Sunday was April first. Not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    I am starting to feel the same way again Rugs. It has been a week since he first post about his trip down south. Also every post he has put on the MO board is copied and pasted on other boards as well. But I would like to see pictures of the 54 fish he caught on the Sunday of his trip. Smallest one was 13" and had a few 18" fish as well. Would be a heck of a trip for sure. Maybe that Sunday was April first. Not sure.
    I would like to see them fish too! but I ain't going to go looking for them.
    Also, just wondering, if a person is computer literate to run a website, I would think he or his IT guy would be able to post pics on a forum??? Just a thought.
    Andy, if you want help learning to post pics here, send me a PM and I would be glad to help you, I do want to see those fish!
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

never heard of an outfitter that's base around monroe im from there but a fellow told me last week they was catching some huge crappie out of the river.

Post Thanks / Like

Down on the Bayou
    April 8, 2010 by evans77

It is said that the Ouachita River, located in Northeastern Louisiana, provides one of the most scenic views in the Country. This past weekend, the CountryBoyOutdoors team had the privilege of crappie fishing on the Ouachita River. The CBO team planned this trip about a month ago with high expectations of catching some slab crappies.

Weather forecasters predicted temperatures would be in the upper 70’s with water temperatures hovering in the lower 60’s. Growing up in that part of the country, I knew that warm air temperatures and 60 degree water temperatures would be the perfect setup for catching Ouachita River crappies.

Our day started at 0530 hours with a cup of coffee and a homemade Cajun egg and sausage sandwich found only in the South. We launched the boat around 0630 hours and headed up river. The temperature was in the lower 70’s and the wind was calm. It was a perfect beginning to what was hopefully going to be an exciting day of fishing.

We motored into one of the many lakes that branched off of the river and headed towards the northern tip of the lake. Did you know the northern end of a lake warms up quicker than the southern end? I powered the depthfinder to the *ON* position and to my delight immediately located 62 degree water. Crappies begin to spawn when water temperatures reach 55 degrees and usually peak out around 65 degrees. I knew that if I was going to try and locate spawning crappies, this would be an ideal place to start. The water was stained, meaning I could see about one foot down and the sky was clear. My preferred choice of jigs for clear sky fishing and stained water are ones that are bright in color.

I tied on a blue and white hair jig and began looking for cypress knees located in three to four feet of water. Within fifteen minutes of locating cypress knees and wetting my jig, I landed a 1.67 lb crappie approximately 16 inches long. We fished nine hours that day loading our ice chest with huge southern slab crappies. Our total fish count for the day was 44 crappies for a total weight of approximately 55 pounds. My fishing partner for the day was raised in the Midwest and was amazed at the size of southern crappies. He cannot wait to go back next year. If you ever get an opportunity to fish the Ouachita River in Louisiana, be prepared to catch awesome slab crappies.

Until Next Time…Be Safe..and Happy Fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty country for sure but the fish run awful close to the size we have right here........and thanks for the refresher course on how to fish us rookies need that from time to time.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Well thanks for the replies and opinions, some good, but some bad. Hey thats what i love about this forum, honest critics. I am a much better crappie fisherman than "IT Guy", but I am learning. Heading up to Mark Twain next week, will let you guys know how the fishing is.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am based out of the Columbia Missouri area

Quote Originally Posted by camo john View Post
    never heard of an outfitter that's base around monroe im from there but a fellow told me last week they was catching some huge crappie out of the river.
    I grew up in monroe, Louisiana, so I know that water pretty well. I have only been living in Missouri for about six years, so still getting use to the crappie fishing here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    i see one that went almost 16 inches so where are the 18 inchers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast