Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance StructureScan Sonar Imaging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance StructureScan Sonar Imaging

Anybody ever used Lowrance StructureScan Sonar Imaging? I am looking at buying a new sonar unit and wondered what you guys would recommend? Some of the StructureScan demos on the internet look pretty good.

I see the units are a bit pricey, but I guess sometimes you get what you pay for.
    Crappie Kid

Post Thanks / Like

I personally would look at the Humminbird. Been around alot longer plus the Lowrance units are on back order till sometime in May or June.

Post Thanks / Like

While the Lowrance sonar looks very good, I would agree with prchjerker and go with Humminbird. The side imaging and down imaging are fantastic. I have used a 797 c si2 for three years now and it is the best graph I have ever owned. There is a bit of a learning curve as to how to really use it correctly, but it is well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. Do you guys have any experience using these type of units on wingdams on the Mississippi? I am trying to talk myself into the justification for the big spend? It would be from one extreme to the other for me as my boat is currently outfitted with the cheapest units out there.
    Crappie Kid