Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hot pots for plastisols

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hot pots for plastisols

we would like to know what type of heating pot you guys use . And do any of you use big machine for injection molding. Or are most of you guys hand injection . Are any of you guys machinist do any of you make your own molds. We haven't been on this post long enough to know to many of you . So why would imagine there are a few of you that do make molds. One other question I have. where do you guys buy your molds.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

snake, there are very few panfish molds out on the market. Usually people have to get them custom made. It is hard to find people to make them for you. I have run into several people who have been dead ends. I am still working with a few guys to try and get me some molds made. However they have busy schedules and are working on the project between things. I do not know of anyone here who uses the machine. crappieday is our master plastic man here. He was looking to buy one but not sure if he has yet. p.m. him with any questions, he is a book of knowledge on plastics and will help you any way he can.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thank you

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    snake, there are very few panfish molds out on the market. Usually people have to get them custom made. It is hard to find people to make them for you. I have run into several people who have been dead ends. I am still working with a few guys to try and get me some molds made. However they have busy schedules and are working on the project between things. I do not know of anyone here who uses the machine. crappieday is our master plastic man here. He was looking to buy one but not sure if he has yet. p.m. him with any questions, he is a book of knowledge on plastics and will help you any way he can.
    thank you we are currently working on several different manufacturers of molds we have been running into brick walls. You are right about one thing is they do not want to do small projects such as making panfish molds. I do not know the reason for this. some of these people are making lots of bass tight molds there seemed to be more interest there than in smaller baits. there is a bigger field there. But I will keep working on finding a mold maker thank you for your information it is well appreciated.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

problem is they have over 100,000 bucks in the equipment and software that they have to pay for and larger bass lure molds sell like hot cakes. that keeps their machines tied up. baits have to be deigned through a cad program, that in it self is big bucks for the program, person that can use it and time. I have a customer that owns a fire arms company that has all the right equipment and then some. He says I can send him a bait that he can scan in with a special scanner and it will put it into a mold.Then its a matter of correct porting.

Post Thanks / Like

Snake river,
    sent you a pm. Crappieday is 100% on the money, and you are probably looking at $500 per cavity with the CAD files and CNC cutting. Get with me and I can direct you to the proper people.

Post Thanks / Like

could be a little cheaper if it is a simple design. The more complex the item the more time it will take and the more money it will cost to build.

Post Thanks / Like

i used a cleaned out tin can that soup or other foods are packaged in at the store.my dad riveted a handle on it,and made a spout for pouring via dent in the can.its cheap yet works.no sense in spending extra money on something you already have or can make easily out of something laying around.as for small molds there are quite a few at lurecraft.com that would work for panfish that are 1 1/2"s or so.thats where i orderd my 3 molds from.i've only poured one time so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I have made at least 20 resin molds over the past couple of months. The baits from every one has produced fish. My baits have outproduced purchased baits by a large measure thus far. I have posted pics on this forum so they and the baits from them can be seen there.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

here is a sight that makes molds. he just made me a 6 cavity mold for $65. you might call him. he is a retired gentleman and i think he will do small bait molds.
    ace hand molds. i could not get the link to post. but you can google it. he is in lutz florida

Post Thanks / Like

bwill is correct, I have also made home made molds out of resin. My baits have performed extremely well. However they require a lot of time and extra work for me that I hate piddling with lol. It is fun and it does work, but just not for me with such a busy schedule. If anyone needs the knowhow on those bwill will hook you up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast