Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: floating fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default floating fishing lights

Someone Gave Me A Floating Fishing Light And I Have Never Used It. It Is A High Beam Automobile Headlight In Moulded Styofoam, 26,000 Candlepower. I Hooked It Up To A Battery Charger And It Looked Pretty Bright At 10 Amps, Less At 2 Amps..in The Basement At Night. Has Anyone Every Used One Of These Before, And On A Scale Of One To Ten , One Being Low, How Would You Rate It? Thanks For Any Assistance.

Post Thanks / Like

On a scale of 1-10... a 4. Definitely better than no light when night fishing. However, on a couple of different night fishing trips, I have rigged my floating light (just like the one you described) out at one end of the boat, and my green submersible light at the other end. Each time, the green light ended up swarming with bait fish, and there wouldn't be a handful swimming around the white light.

That said, if I had not had the green light in the water, there may have been just as many flocking to the white light. However, they definitely seem to prefer the green light over the white.

Post Thanks / Like

As for fishing, No I have had no positive fishing with that light. What I use it for is a spotlight.

Cover the back of it with black duct tape and it becomes your best friend...
    Low amp draw and it flots if you drop it.

Post Thanks / Like

only night fishing i have done is from the shore with no light in the water, had a 2 million candlepower spotlight and lantern to light up the area on the shore where i was fishing. i also use the 2 million candlepower spotlight for when i'm heading back to the boat dock at night from an afternoon of fishing on the lake.