Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: PVC Residue

Post Thanks / Like

Default PVC Residue

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove PVC streaks from the side of an aluminum boat. Over time I have accumulated numerous streaks on my boat from the PVC guide posts during launch and loading, I have tried to remove but cannot find any suitable method. Thanks for you inputs.

Post Thanks / Like

i use wd-40.....it works well cleaning my aluminum boat....works great on fiberglass too

just my 2 bits hope it works

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Catchafew:

I've cleaned those PVC marks off with Bar-Sol parts cleaning solvent but it takes some elbow grease. I covered my PVC side guides with white rope so they don't leave those marks on my boat anymore. I just drilled a hole near the top of the PVC pipe, put the rope through the hole and tied a knot on the end that is inside the pipe and then wrapped the rope around the pipe. When I got close to the end of the rope (50-feet I think) I drilled another hole and put the end of the rope through that hole and pushed the PVC pipe down over the metal pipe that supports it, which holds the rope in place.

You an see how it looks on the right side of this picture:

Only one I could find that shows it very well. I can take a better picture if you want me to.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com