Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any Wappapello reports

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Wappapello reports

My boss, better known as my wife, wants 2 go campin and do a little fishin this weekend. Anybody got any reports. Been a few years since been up there fishin. Any help well be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

went to wappapello Friday,Sat and Sunday found 65-70 degree water and couldn't catch a keeper ( could be me ) only heard of one boat catching fish and they said they caught 21 keepers out of 75 fish, and caught all of them at one spot. Theres a lot of 8 1/2 inchers there, I put in at Holliday Landing,hope you do well
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

i have a friend who has a cabin on wappapello,hes fished 30 straight days, only about 1 in 10 is a keeper,but catches about a dozen keepers most days.. fishes otter creek

Post Thanks / Like

Fished sat. on the lower end of the lake. Fished rocky banks in most spots. Caught 14 keepers but only about 20 total. Fish were really scattered and not exactly on the bank but 20-30 feet out in 3-5fow. Talked to a few guys that fished on sunday and noone was catching fish on the banks. We found water as warm as 71 degrees on sat. so I am not really sure what they are waiting on but I do think some time this week there will be quite a few fish move up. So I would hit any and all spawning banks to start and if that didn't work move out a little deeper, they may still be staging. Looks like they are calling for a little rain on friday and a slight cool down for the weekend so that may have them moved out a little. Where you going to be cammping at? I may be down this weekend my in-laws are camping at Redman Creek. Good luck and enjoy your trip, I love camping this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

4/9 - Fished from 4 to dark with a buddy. Kept 18 tightlining 6-10 ft deep over stumps and brush on river channel bends and flats. Caught some real nice fish.

4/10 - Fished all day with the same buddy and we kept 60 and one bass. Same deal, fished mostly the river channel bends. The fish seemed to be holding super tight to the cover. Caught fish all day, but majority of the keepers came before 9 and after 6. We tried fishing shallow some but had no luck.

4/11 - Went out at 11 and fished til dark by myself. Kept 30 and a channel cat. Very slow bite all day until around 6 or so. Again, I tried shallow jigging and casting with minimal luck (except for the cat). Caught all keepers off the river channel holding tight to cover.

4/12 - Fished from 5 to dark by myself and kept 15. 3 of those came shallow off stickups, the rest were off the same spots off the river channel I had been fishing.

Caught all fish using jigs. Brown/chart and purple/chart with orange jighead seemed to land the most keepers. Also had luck with white/chart and orange/chart, though it seemed like the dinks really liked the white. A great few days to be on the water, that's for sure. Overall dink to keeper ratio of around 8 to 1, I'm guessing. Good luck.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Dux thats were we r staying. We are staying in a tent. I drive a white toyota and a bass tracker boat. Look me up if you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Headed there in a few minutes. Hopefully the evening will be good to me.
    If it wasn't for the last minute I'd never get anything done.

Post Thanks / Like

Well we fished from about 5:30 to 7:30 started out windy and once it layed down they started biting. Only 3 keepers but caught 15 or so. 5-6ft of water with blk/ char. bubble gum/ chart. under a bobber @ about 18"-24".

Fish or no fish it was a killer evening to be on the water.
    If it wasn't for the last minute I'd never get anything done.