Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some advice

think I want to invest in a good fish locator and temp with gps.... I only have the hand held gps and only have a couple good spots marked with it for in the fog.... I would like the gps to get me somewhere in the fog... and I don't want to spend my last SS check on it..... give me some input if you would.... I have my own built in fish finder......:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I would check with Crappie Chat, of course he will tell ya to get a Lowrance, but he is very smart about the features and the bang for the buck. I have a Lowrance that I have had 6 years, no problems at all. I used a Lowrance on a boat in Canada last summer fished out of the back of the boat, and you could see the fish, see the jig go down to them, and see the fish come up with your line, pretty neat. I am sure that Hummingbird has good finders to, it is kind of like the question of Chevy or Ford?

Post Thanks / Like

The Humminbird 587Ci is a really nice unit and goes for around $460. I looked long and hard at it, but cheaped out and bought the 586, but have wished many times I would have sprung the extra $120 or so and got the GPS:o
    My logic was that I have a very good handheld gps, but soon found out that one built in the sonar is soooooo much more convenient and easier to read on the bigger screen.

If I win the lotto I would love to have one of those snazzy side imaging units:D
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang Monty wish I knew you were looking. I just sold a Lowrance 332C for $200 to a buddy from work. Very nice unit with gps and map card. I run across some from time to time and will let you know if I find something. I do know of a guy with a paper graph for sale he even has some rolls of paper with it if any body is looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Monty I really like my Lowrance units. I would not try and talk you into spending the kind of money I did for what you are wanting. I think there are a lot of guys upgrading to the latest and greatest and I would think you could pick up a really good used unit for a great price. I would get a color unit though, it is easier for me to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey thanks all

got a pm on a used one that I am looking at....... Jared I had a paper graph the paper is good to wipe with all I know about them sold the dam thing in a week, noisy,noisy...... loud...I do want color so will see what happens....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

get color,get lowrance, stay happy