Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: finally got to go out

Post Thanks / Like

Default finally got to go out

took wife and boys up to harrison county lake on sun, caught about 14 in the 9 inch range on blue/white jig witha small spinner, funny thing they would not hit the jig unless it had a spinner. they were staged in 18 fow about 9-15 ft down at the opening of coves, nothing in the coves yet the water temp was about 61 degrees. if anybodys planning a trip to this lake I`d say end of april and the actions gonna get hot!!!

it isnt a very big lake but its a fun lake to fish about the end of april all the way through fall, when the spawns over all ya gotta do is move out to the main lake and creek channel and troll small crankbaits, as I said its only about 280 acres so they dont have anywhere to go and the search area is relatively small.
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

Good job. Keep that family fishing.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great place to fish. Gald y'all had a nice day.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wanting to fish that lake....thanks for the info.

I do see there is a bass club tournament scheduled for 4-24-2010. Small, but maybe 15 boats? 12pm to 6pm.

Missouri State Water Patrol

Post Thanks / Like

There was some kind of bass tournament yesterday too, about 15-20 boats maybe, mostly all from Iowa, wasnt too bad though other than the pretty much constant wake from the boats runnin across the the lake all the time.

I can only remember 2 tournaments last year, one was a bass tournament and the other was a tournament put on by a local guy, all proceeds went to cancer research or somethin like that, there was two guys that were already fishin before the thing started and when weigh in time came they ventured up to the dock to see what all the fuss was about so they asked if they could join, they were allowed to pay the registration fee then weighed in what was in their livewell AND WON IT!!!:D too funny!!! but like i said it was all for good cause and nobody really cared.

I will be hitting the lake alot more from here on out as longas the weather cooperates and will keep posting updates for those interested in fishing this lake
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the nice day out with the family, and you caught fish taboot, well done, hope you get to go often

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job! Bet the family had a great time too.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go JL the fishing is getting good in the middle and north MO!!!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner