Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 4/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 4/11

It was a beautiful day to get out on the lake, but a tough one for fishing again. I fished the Lynn/Robert's Branch today (first pic). This area is above the old Trimble Lake and the left side where the lake forks to go up to Plattsburg. I wanted fish shallow today to see if I could catch some of the males making their nest. And, I was not the only one with that idea. There were a bunch of guys fishing for crappie up there and we all were having the same luck.

The water temp was 60 degrees but clarity was about 6”. I thought the main lake was bad, but this place was worse. Since the Corp has been letting out water (just looked and it’s 1600 cf/sec) all the tree tops are poking out of the water about 2’. It made it a little harder to get around but also made it easier for me to see what’s usually under the water. It also showed some of the water hazards (second pic).

Looks like the wildlife is making good use of the area. The pelicans have moved away from the docks and made a home at the island in the middle of this area (third pic). They were all round the island and huge flock were swimming up the Roberts Branch arm.

Well, that’s about it for today. I saw Cook’s report that the Corp is going to close the faucet around April 15th. I hope things get better then

Like to hear how the rest of you did. I hope you all did A LOT better that I did – post a reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

That's were I left that blade....lol.

I was out Friday and didn't do much better. When they turn off the faucet....it'll pick up.

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200

Post Thanks / Like

I was there all day sat and caught only 6 shorts. The cove I fished was 67 deg.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Waisting time at Smithville right now, but just wait a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone fish the Camp Branch side of the lake? I was wondering how that side was doing.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Alex nice report, its going to get better you now its close to crappie season when birddogs54 starts talking fishing.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I fished for a few hour’s yesterday morning. I put in at W and ran all the way up river to the free ramp. I started up there and worked my way back and just fished some of my most productive spots. Well... the tally was 1 catfish and 2 crappie. Both of the crappie were keepers and not very far off the bank. I think by this weekend things could get very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default report for camp branch

saturday i fished the owl and eberts branch hard ,nothing but a couple snags.im wading so im limited.sunday i fished the river past the ramp.first bend tore up the whites.mostly small ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back fishing for some walleye along the dam. They are still up there but not wanting what I have to offer. Dam walleyes!

Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to your reports Alex . Maybe we will meet up on the water soon . I can't fish much during the week except after work . I'll be in a White Alumicraft .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast